• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

After racist emails, WFU keeps armed guards outside of some classrooms

Using my super-informed math brain, that means Wake is 70% white.

Duke: 49% white
Stanford: 37% white
Georgetown: 56% white
Carnegie Mellon: 28% white
Emory: 47% white
National Average for doctoral universities: 55% white

Wake Forest University is shockingly white.

I imagine Wake's Asian population is below par. I'd be interested to see the percentages of Asian students at those top three.

Carnegie Mellon being only 28% white is bananas.

I imagine Wake's Asian population is below par. I'd be interested to see the percentages of Asian students at those top three.

Carnegie Mellon being only 28% white is bananas.

Wake has been recruiting Chinese students for a few years now.

US children are 51% white. Any university that’s 70% white is definitely super white.

US children are 51% white. Any university that’s 70% white is definitely super white.

Dude, you know as well as I do that this number has changed radically over the years. College-age demographic is still majority white. When you take into account kids who are actually going to go to college, these numbers don't make sense.

What number has changed radically? What numbers don’t make sense?

Last edited:
From a Census update from 2015, 45% of 18-24 year olds were minorities and 48% of the population under 18 were minorities (minorities in these instances defined as anyone other than non-Hispanic, single-race white people).

From a Census update from 2015, 45% of 18-24 year olds were minorities and 48% of the population under 18 were minorities (minorities in these instances defined as anyone other than non-Hispanic, single-race white people).

Already a 4% jump from Ph's numbers

Last edited:
I don't know what the annual rate of change is for the 18-24 year old demographic. I'd guess that if it was 55/45 in favor of whites in that demographic in 2015, it's likely closer to 53/47 or so today right? It's certainly not still 55/45 if the demographic under 18 was 52/48.

ETA: From the NCES, white people made up 54% of 18-24 year olds in 2017. So roughly a percentage point every two years...approximately 53% or so now?

https://nces.ed.gov/programs/raceindicators/indicator_RAA.asp

I don't know what the annual rate of change is for the 18-24 year old demographic. I'd guess that if it was 55/45 in favor of whites in that demographic in 2015, it's likely closer to 53/47 or so today right? It's certainly not still 55/45 if the demographic under 18 was 52/48.

ETA: From the NCES, white people made up 54% of 18-24 year olds in 2017. So roughly a percentage point every two years...approximately 53% or so now?

https://nces.ed.gov/programs/raceindicators/indicator_RAA.asp

The college age population gets closer and closer to being majority minority and like clockwork conservatives hate higher education.

Using my super-informed math brain, that means Wake is 70% white.

Duke: 49% white
Stanford: 37% white
Georgetown: 56% white
Carnegie Mellon: 28% white
Emory: 47% white
National Average for doctoral universities: 55% white

Wake Forest University is shockingly white.

I spent a lot of time on that campus, and I'm not sure about this one. It may factor in the international campuses, which skews the numbers.

Last edited:
Isn’t it still a buncha white people but now they are just taking a lot more Chinese money? I remember a big stink over poop left on some inam’s door, and I mainly was surprised to know we bothered to hire an inam. What’s our Muslim population? Is it more than 20?

I’m having a hard time figuring out what keeps an Inam or an LGBTQ department employee busy in a normal 9-5.

One of our suite mates and best friends came out while I was at Wake, and I can’t imagine how an LGBTQ department would have ever needed to be involved.

Oh, there was a much bigger LGBTQ population than you would think; and there was an equally sizable population in the closet.

I spent a lot of time on that campus, and I'm not sure about this one. It may factor in the international campuses, which skews the numbers.
Also, campuses with large doctoral programs probably skew those numbers.

Good point, although you might be able to say this about any university that has a robust international program, including Wake.

Some pretty shitty tags on this thread.

There are some shitty posters on this board who have similar attitudes as the person who sent that email.

Back