• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

After racist emails, WFU keeps armed guards outside of some classrooms

US children are 51% white. Any university that’s 70% white is definitely super white.

The 2010 census has America at 72% white, so I am not sure where the shock comes in. If anything it seems like it should be higher, given that due to all sorts of societal factors, whites and more specifically white male fathers make money at a faster rate than the rest.

Anonymous rep or tags are for cowards. You shouldn't be so chickenshit that you can't admit what you post.

Also, just as an interesting data point check this out. You may have notice that Emory has taken a tumble in the rankings. While typically in the low to mid teens over the last couple of decades they are now at 22.

They are also letting in almost 20% non-resident aliens at this point, basically all from Asia (and mostly from China -- you will notice that the number of alien students mirrors the number of Asians.

https://www.collegefactual.com/coll...nt-life/diversity/chart-ethnic-diversity.html

I would much rather see Wake let in American minorities whether they are african american, hispanic or asian. Just not foreigners who are much more likely to go back to their country and work for their super rich foreign parents (almost all of the Chinese aliens who go to elite american schools pay full freight), than stay here to make america great again.

Also, I hope they find the basement dwelling passive aggressive geeds who sent the emails and kick them out. Losers.

The 2010 census has America at 72% white, so I am not sure where the shock comes in. If anything it seems like it should be higher, given that due to all sorts of societal factors, whites and more specifically white male fathers make money at a faster rate than the rest.

The percentage of white people is 76.5% and non-Hispanic whites are 60.4%. That's everybody. Young people are far more diverse. That's why I posted that US children (age 0-18) are 51% white.

We could, but we're thinking about bringing back anonymous negrep in place of tags.

So posters can just send me messages like the emails Wake professors received. Move all the harassment out of the public to my rep page and assuage the white guilt.

Well, when you put it that way, maybe it's not such a great idea.

Keep tags. Can't you warn, then ban posters of inappropriate tags - however that is determined?

So posters can just send me messages like the emails Wake professors received. Move all the harassment out of the public to my rep page and assuage the white guilt.

I think we all deserve to know who the abject racists are on the board, you especially since these are not even veiled threats against you. Just my two cents. I'm also a fan of making assholes answer for being assholes. Also, deleting tags just allows some dickheads on here to sustain the belief that racism is funny and acceptable behavior.

Name the taggers, mods.

Normally I’d think it’s just moon but you can only add two tags to a thread right? So it has to be more than one person. Probably angus as well.

Normally I’d think it’s just moon but you can only add two tags to a thread right? So it has to be more than one person. Probably angus as well.

I just want to know. I have heard that nobody on here is a racist. I'd like to know who on here is a racist.

tags do not serve the purpose they were originally intended to serve and it is long past overdue to do away with anonymous tagging; lame sophomoric humor at best

no way, tags are great.

just need better policing and an outing of the racist posters

Tags are great. We moderators should do a better job of policing them. As tags are positioned as an anonymous submission, that anonymity will be maintained. If this becomes a major problem or an increasingly bothersome minor one, we will take action.

I would encourage those who feel like tagging a thread to examine their words and motivations before tagging.

No one has a right to know anything. If you don't like the board, post elsewhere.

If you are unhappy that tags are not being used as originally developed a decade ago, see the above statement.

Current plan is to bring back anonymous negrep on January 1, 2020. That may change, but all discussions will be behind the scenes.

Biff gonna get all the anonymous negrep after Wake beats the Dawgs in the Citrus Bowl.

Back