• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

After racist emails, WFU keeps armed guards outside of some classrooms

I know a few people who fit the description I gave. Families lived in a Central American country for multiple generations and considered themselves white, Spanish speakers. No (acknowledged) marriage with Native American people in the country. Immigrated to the US and became US citizens. Now consider themselves white, American and Spanish speakers, hence "Hispanic" and "white."

49Q5rAu.png

Its not exact science since it is relying on people to self identify. The genesis of it is that there are white Europeans from Spain and Portugal here and then white colonialists in Argentina and Brazil that have also made their way here. But there is no bright line of demarcation there. Additionally, there are probably a decent amount of Israeli and middle eastern jews who may identify as 'white' in America but are probably genetically way closer to Arabs than WASPS. The point is, when you let people self identify, its not going to be accurate.

And from Germany, Italy, Ireland, etc. All that European immigration wasn’t just to the US.

Considering they spoke Spanish as children, and still consider it their first language, that didn't feel right to them

I don’t get it. Which category should they choose? Hispanic and ________?

I missed the racist ones...I saw all the ones about ph, was a hoax etc...

If you see a racist tag somewhere let me know via PM. The tags are not anonymous to the admins...I'll gladly out a poster if it's brought to my attention.

Oh really? That’s interesting.

Not what I was told by a mod via PM a few months ago when someone tagged a thread “nedick eats bullet”.

Correction: the mod said they can’t see who posted the tag after it’s been deleted. Is this true?

Correct. Once it's gone there isn't a trail.

Unless the mods just don’t really spend much time on the boards anymore, I kind of find it hard to believe that they don’t know which posters are posting outright racist tags about Ph.

We need to keep tags above board to such comments as "biff tannen sucks ___"

Feel free to volunteer to mod and you can make sure none appear again without proper public shame.

It's telling that you appear to be fine with belonging to a community where members think it's acceptable to post racist tags about another member.

It's telling that you appear to be fine with belonging to a community where members think it's acceptable to post racist tags about another member.

It's almost like this board holds a mirror up to humanity.

Back