• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Where will Wake be ranked in CFP poll next week?

Where will Wake be ranked in the AP next week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A win over Florida State would be a first for Clawson and would be an accomplishment for the team going into another bye week. I'd prefer the team not be ranked unless they can secure victories over NCSU and VPI as well. Wake will need ten wins to ensure a season ending ranking. Keep them hungry to return and let a return to the Top 25 reflect a job well done.

FSU has more athletes than Louisville and is hurting from taking a drubbing by the Tigers of Clemson. For WF to have a reasonable chance they must return to WF Football—no TOs, no penalties, excellent execution of assignments and focus for all 4 quarters. Too many are watching their highlight videos when they should watch the field of play.

FSU has more athletes than Louisville and is hurting from taking a drubbing by the Tigers of Clemson. For WF to have a reasonable chance they must return to WF Football—no TOs, no penalties, excellent execution of assignments and focus for all 4 quarters. Too many are watching their highlight videos when they should watch the field of play.

I know that first sentence sounds true, but is actually true?

Are you saying they’re looking up at their highlights on the video board during the game? Wouldn’t this imply that they are making good plays? And did you actually witness this being a huge problem? This is strange analysis.

Not to mention that any team should ideally not get TO’s or penalties and have excellent execution and focus. This is obvious analysis.

You should probably just stick to posting newspaper links. When you try to post original thoughts, all that comes out is minndless cliché filled garbage

Little surprised we're back in but that 1 in the loss column plays big with the rankers.

Gotta handle coming out of a bye with a target on our backs better this time

In a just world, numbers 20, 22, and 24 would lose next week, you guys move up to 19, and we pull the upset on the road, like you guys always fuck up our promising seasons. But there is no god. There is no more winning this season. I'm just hoping that we don't get hurt and the bus doesn't crash on the way back to Raleigh. Clawson> Doeren. Wake by multiple touchdowns.

Little surprised we're back in but that 1 in the loss column plays big with the rankers.

Gotta handle coming out of a bye with a target on our backs better this time

I'm not sure why the surprise at a 6-1 P5 team being ranked. Of course it's barely ranked so I guess I see your point.

Just think some other teams outside are better or more proven. I don't really punish teams for losing games they're supposed to lose -- a la UVa @ Notre Dame or Pitt @ Penn State. But that's not how the typical ranker works

Pretty sure Vandy's upset win over Missouri is why we got in. We basically took their spot. That loss, as just an L, is probably worse than our L to Louisville. But I still believe it was "points allowed" to Louisville that hurt us the most...

In a just world, numbers 20, 22, and 24 would lose next week, you guys move up to 19, and we pull the upset on the road, like you guys always fuck up our promising seasons. But there is no god. There is no more winning this season. I'm just hoping that we don't get hurt and the bus doesn't crash on the way back to Raleigh. Clawson> Doeren. Wake by multiple touchdowns.

source.gif

Just think some other teams outside are better or more proven. I don't really punish teams for losing games they're supposed to lose -- a la UVa @ Notre Dame or Pitt @ Penn State. But that's not how the typical ranker works

It is almost like weekly rankings are reactionary bullshit.

In a just world a lot of things would have gone differently for Wake over the years.

Moving up past Iowa State and looking likely we’ll move past Arizona State too. How far does Texas fall?

I expect a shake up in the polls tomorrow. Only 7 undefeated Power 5 conference teams remain. Six one loss Power 5 teams remain with the results of Oregon and Utah pending. A two loss team has never made the playoffs. It seems like the point in the season where the voters rearrange the Top 25 to reflect reality and reward the teams that still survive.

Last edited:
It will come down to strength of schedule vs conference championships. Just ask Urban.

Back