• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Where will Wake be ranked in CFP poll next week?

Where will Wake be ranked in the AP next week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It will come down to strength of schedule vs conference championships. Just ask Urban.

Conference championships weren’t taken into consideration in the BCS. They are supposed to in the Playoff. People were pissed with the Bama/LSU NC game.

I see it as indefeated tOSU, SEC champ, Clemson and then a one loss LSU/'BAMA. OU losing opened it up for this. LSU, if it losses to bama, will have the best strength of schedule. But, as usual, its subject to change.

And, Thank you Michigan. Now we don't have to consider ND anymore. Just have to see them take our primo Bowl spot.

#22 in the coaches.

Don’t you just love that NCSU and UNC fans have to live with the fact that the Top 25 has both App State and Wake Forest. Must eat them up.

If an 8-1 Wake Forest team plays at undefeated Clemson, there will be millions of new Deacs for that game. It will include those UNC and NCSU fans mentioned above.

If an 8-1 Wake Forest team plays at undefeated Clemson, there will be millions of new Deacs for that game. It will include those UNC and NCSU fans mentioned above.

Not sure I follow your logic. Because they're tired of Clemson winning? Maybe. But Clemson losing likely pushes everyone down a bowl slot. And a lot of these fans are ACC homers.

And frankly I don't think there's a big desire among NCSU and UNC fans for Wake to take the kind of leap forward that a Clemson win would represent. They want us to remain LOWF.

Where will Wake be ranked in AP next week? POLL

Yeah. This wouldn’t be like UVA beating FSU. Not at all. Several teams can win out and get to the OB. We are in their way. They should be rooting for Clemson and ND to win out.

The fans of schools with one or zero losses would have a rooting interest. Anyone who pulls for an underdog is all in. Then there are the folks who are just tired of Clemson winning. You guys probably pulled for Darth Vader to crush the Jedi.

Not sure I follow your logic. Because they're tired of Clemson winning? Maybe. But Clemson losing likely pushes everyone down a bowl slot. And a lot of these fans are ACC homers.

And frankly I don't think there's a big desire among NCSU and UNC fans for Wake to take the kind of leap forward that a Clemson win would represent. They want us to remain LOWF.
. This.

The fans of schools with one or zero losses would have a rooting interest. Anyone who pulls for an underdog is all in. Then there are the folks who are just tired of Clemson winning. You guys probably pulled for Darth Vader to crush the Jedi.

Sure. I agree. But those aren’t the teams we were talking about.

App's loss will move us up. Florida is the only other Ranked team to lose so far.

ECU trying to help us out by currently leading #17 Cincinnati early in second half 31-21.

Looks like Cincinnati is about to punch it in to cut it to 3.

Edited: 31-28

Requesting a title change to reflect our first appearance in the CFP rankings.

At the moment there are twelve teams from Power 5 conferences with one or zero losses. Eleven of them are ranked 13th or better. The twelfth is Wake Forest, ranked 23rd. There are eight Group 5 teams with one loss. Four are ranked ahead of the Deacons. There has never been a two loss team that has made the National Championship playoffs.

If I had a vote I'd rank the Demon Deacons twelfth. They have earned it.

Back