• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Where will Wake be ranked in CFP poll next week?

Where will Wake be ranked in the AP next week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Damn! Still first team out in AP poll. Jumped by MSU (3-1) and KSU (3-0).

source.gif

Came to wake in 2011. First time that we’ve been ranked since I’ve been a fan. Pretty cool.

Came to wake in 2011. First time that we’ve been ranked since I’ve been a fan. Pretty cool.

You’re too young.
Back in the 70’s we were ranked near the top of the ‘Bottom 10’ almost every week.
We were even #1 several times.

You’re too young.
Back in the 70’s we were ranked near the top of the ‘Bottom 10’ almost every week.

A side question: Where were we picked in the ACC pre-season this year?

You’re too young.

Yeah, but at one point during the ‘79 season we were ranked as high as 14th in the AP. Seemed unbelievable at the time. As did the possibility of Wake going to a bowl game.

Don't know if we could jump 3 or more spots with an open week regardless of losses by teams ahead of us in the polls, but would be cool to take the filed vs. Louisville ads a member of the top 20.
An MSN article today about the latest rankings said that Clemson has to hope that Wake continues to climb in the polls to give them their only real shot at a "quality win" for the remainder of their regular season schedule.

I don’t think the ACC gets a CFP slot unless Wake and Clemson end 13-0 and 11-1 unless maybe UNC runs the table to give both teams another quality win. SC improving would help Clemson too. Definitely can’t see them passing on a one-loss SEC school for undefeated LOWF.

Where will Wake be ranked in AP next week? POLL

I don’t think the ACC gets a CFP slot unless Wake and Clemson end 13-0 and 11-1 unless maybe UNC runs the table to give both teams another quality win. SC improving would help Clemson too. Definitely can’t see them passing on a one-loss SEC school for undefeated LOWF.

It looks like based on the schedules Alabama and Georgia are likely to run the table, and since a few of the other SEC teams play both of them, and play each other, it’s unlikely there are too many 1 loss SEC teams unless Alabama and Georgia each lose one

Georgia has Florida at home and auburn on the road

Auburn has Florida, Georgia, Alabama and LSU. You have to think 2 losses there

LSU has alabama florida and auburn so that would be your most likely one loss team if they can beat auburn and florida

And Alabama just has LSU and auburn

That and some of these teams might lose to a random

But the winner of OSU/wisc may run the table and so can Oklahoma. Seems like there will be 5 or 6 good resumes to fill 4 spots. And if Clemson loses they won’t be in

Someone beating alabama or Georgia will make it super interesting

Last edited:
Looking at the AP voters grid, the Big Ten voters and past bowl conquests (Temple and A&M) seem to be light on Wake. Almost only ballots, not appearing.

Looking at the AP voters grid, the Big Ten voters and past bowl conquests (Temple and A&M) seem to be light on Wake. Almost only ballots, not appearing.

Haters gonna hate.

You don't think Clemson gets in the playoff if they're undefeated, unless Wake goes 11-1? That's incorrect.

I think Wake could go undefeated and get passed up for 1 loss UGA/Bama. I'm not losing sleep about it though.

I’m assuming OSU and OU go undefeated and there is a one-loss SEC team whose only loss is to the undefeated SEC Champ. These aren’t unusual assumptions.

A&M is likely to be 7-5. SC may not make a bowl. If Wake goes 8-4, Clemson won’t have a high quality win.

Clemson blew out Alabama for the national championship last year. I know that’s not supposed to matter but it does. If OU and OSU go undefeated, the playoff will be those two, Clemson, and an SEC team.

If the defending champs go undefeated, they are getting a place in the playoffs, no question.

Back