• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Where will Wake be ranked in CFP poll next week?

Where will Wake be ranked in the AP next week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, I was really disappointed Satterfield went there because he seems like a good guy.

A FG at the time absolutely would not have had the same effect. Nobody is demoralized by a field goal. 21-0 and 24-0 are not that different. Another TD makes a much bigger difference.

But as we saw with the VT-Miami game yesterday, even 28-0 leads aren’t safe.

A FG doesn't make a difference until it does. It was a long drive and a FG in the 4th that did. My point is, that a goalline stand did make a difference to unc. We were held scoreless after that, until 4:33 left in the game. The reaction to it by their D is self evident.

A FG doesn't make a difference until it does. It was a long drive and a FG in the 4th that did. My point is, that a goalline stand did make a difference to unc. We were held scoreless after that, until 4:33 left in the game. The reaction to it by their D is self evident.

Our coach took a risk, and it didn’t pan out. With the hindsight of the final score and how the 2nd half went, it’s easy to second guess him. I still like the call.

Our coach took a risk, and it didn’t pan out. With the hindsight of the final score and how the 2nd half went, it’s easy to second guess him. I still like the call.

I liked the decision. Was not fond of the 4th down play call.

Three writers still have us unranked: Sam McKewon, Jerry DiPaola, and Davis Potter. McKewon's has Michigan State @ #18, Cal @ #19, Missouri @ #20, and USC @ #22. DiPaola has Washington @ #21 and Pitt @ #25. Potter has Texas A&M @ #17, Michigan State @ #22, and Tulane @ #24.

On the flip side, Joe Dubin and Ryan Aber have Wake ranked #15, both ranking us ahead of Michigan, Utah, Iowa, and Arizona State.

Three writers still have us unranked: Sam McKewon, Jerry DiPaola, and Davis Potter. McKewon's has Michigan State @ #18, Cal @ #19, Missouri @ #20, and USC @ #22. DiPaola has Washington @ #21 and Pitt @ #25. Potter has Texas A&M @ #17, Michigan State @ #22, and Tulane @ #24.

On the flip side, Joe Dubin and Ryan Aber have Wake ranked #15, both ranking us ahead of Michigan, Utah, Iowa, and Arizona State.

I don’t care if Michigan is having an off year. For Wake to be ranked ahead of Michigan is a pretty big deal.

As I was watching the Miami vs UVA game tonight I was thinking to myself how terrible the ACC is this year. The Coastal Division is awful again and other than Clemson the rest of the nation probably has no respect for the entire conference, including Wake. It is likely that the playoff committee would leave a 1 loss Clemson totally out of the 4 team playoff with such a "weak" schedule of ACC games. And it is probably a sad reality that even if Wake could pull the miracle season and win all of our remaining games we'd probably be left out as well, behind the 1 loss SEC powers like UGA, LSU, Auburn etc and probably behind a 1 loss but conference champion Ohio State.

As a fan looking ahead is too tempting not to do.... and if we can get past Louisville this weekend, topple a dangerous FSU team next weekend, and prove again that we're NC state champs by beating State (AGAIN) on 11/2.... we'd 8-0 heading into the first week of college football playoff rankings (they are released for the first time on Tuesday, November 5th). It will be really interesting to see what the committee thinks of us.... but we've got a lot of work to do between now and then.

(and to answer the original post question, next week we'll be AP #17 (passing Iowa and Wash St) and Coaches #17 (No change)

Last edited:
If we win every game -- which obviously would include a road win @ Clemson -- I fully expect that we would make the playoff. Don't see the CFP committee leaving out an undefeated P5 team

If we win every game -- which obviously would include a road win @ Clemson -- I fully expect that we would make the playoff. Don't see the CFP committee leaving out an undefeated P5 team

It would set an ugly precedent that any P5 team couldn’t just play their way into the CFP. But a 13-0 Wake wouldn’t get in over a 11-1 LSU with a lone loss to a 13-0 Bama.

It would set an ugly precedent that any P5 team couldn’t just play their way into the CFP. But a 13-0 Wake wouldn’t get in over a 11-1 LSU with a lone loss to a 13-0 Bama.

Pretty sure we would. Committee was formed partly to avoid the SEC bias that gave us Bama/LSU. Winning your conference means something now that the BCS didn’t take into consideration.

I'd really like to see the system move away from there being a human element at all. I was running through this thought exercise last night with a friend and I honestly think that an undefeated Wake would get left out. At the very least, it would be iffy with there being a lot of uncertainty if we'd be included in this hypothetical.

I want to see us move to an 8-team playoff where the 5 P5 conference champs get autobids and then the last 3 seeds go to the top 3 teams in the computer rankings that didn't win their conference, which leaves a viable path for independents and G5 teams to get in.

The best thing about the NCAAT is when the conference championship tournaments start each team has a clear path to the championship. Win your conference tournament and you're into the dance. I'd like to to see the CFP move the needle more in this direction.

I'd really like to see the system move away from there being a human element at all. I was running through this thought exercise last night with a friend and I honestly think that an undefeated Wake would get left out. At the very least, it would be iffy with there being a lot of uncertainty if we'd be included in this hypothetical.

I want to see us move to an 8-team playoff where the 5 P5 conference champs get autobids and then the last 3 seeds go to the top 3 teams in the computer rankings that didn't win their conference, which leaves a viable path for independents and G5 teams to get in.

The best thing about the NCAAT is when the conference championship tournaments start each team has a clear path to the championship. Win your conference tournament and you're into the dance. I'd like to to see the CFP move the needle more in this direction.

This. On the way to the ideal 12 team playoff. Bowls are the future NIT.

If Wake won out, we would arguably have a better resume at 13-0 than a hypothetical 13-0 Clemson team would have.

Also, an 8- team playoff scenario described above probably wouldn’t have a P5 team this year, or a lot of years, even if they go undefeated. I’m actually fine with that, but most of the proposals include the P5 champs, bray G6, and two at large teams.

Seems to me the current system is working. Does anyone disagree the best team has won the national championship since its current iteration.

Where will Wake be ranked in AP next week? POLL

If Wake won out, we would arguably have a better resume at 13-0 than a hypothetical 13-0 Clemson team would have.

Also, an 8- team playoff scenario described above probably wouldn’t have a P5 team this year, or a lot of years, even if they go undefeated. I’m actually fine with that, but most of the proposals include the P5 champs, bray G6, and two at large teams.

Yeah. Our best win would be Clemson. Their best win would be us or A&M.

The best argument in favor of an undefeated Wake is that if the reporters and coaches had ranked us where they ranked Cuse, we’d be ranked several spots higher now with the same exact results and would naturally work our way up.

I prefer a 6-8 team format that includes each P5 conference champ. The sixth guaranteed spot would go to a top 8 ND or the best G6 team. Two optional spots can go to up to two top 12 G6 teams.

Fuck ND. They should get no special treatment. Join a conference for football...

Back