• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Louisville Game Time - 7:30 ACCN

A great opportunity to put tickets on sale to folks at the fair Friday night and Saturday. Make them affordable ($10), introduce them to a ranked team and fill BB&T.

Saw an ad for fair tickets and the game tickets promotion.

Love the BC 2006 comparison. That was a great fucking night.

Last edited:
I loved it when we had some burners like Marion and Idlette. If they they in the open, they were gone.
The jet sweeps and reverses were great too. Great way to confuse and/or freeze a defense.

Crazy to think that at one point, BC @ Wake was ESPN's game of the week.

A great opportunity to put tickets on sale to folks at the fair Friday night and Saturday. Make them affordable ($10), introduce them to a ranked team and fill BB&T.

My wife got an Email offering WFU-Louisville tickets plus a ticket to the Dixie classic fair and bought them today. I think they were $23. Ticket office must be reading the boards.

My wife got an Email offering WFU-Louisville tickets plus a ticket to the Dixie classic fair and bought them today. I think they were $23. Ticket office must be reading the boards.

The package deal is a great idea. Gets more folks to the fair and the game.
Now that we’re ranked, still undefeated and gaining national attention, it would be great for the broader WS community to get on board and help fill the stadium. Hopefully, they’re starting to ask “Who are these guys?”

Could someone link that ticket package? I didn't get an email about it.

I loved it when we had some burners like Marion and Idlette. If they they in the open, they were gone.
The jet sweeps and reverses were great too. Great way to confuse and/or freeze a defense.

Do have anyone comparable on this team? Hinton is elusive but doesn't have the breakaway speed I don't think.

We have to recruit someone with Marion level speed...Every good team has a couple.

Undefeated, ranked, night game during Dixie Classic Fair against a conference opponent. Feels like BC in 2006 all over again.

The BC game in 2006 wasn't during the Dixie Classic Fair. It was in November and the fair is always in early October.

Was BC ranked when we played them in 2006?

Do have anyone comparable on this team? Hinton is elusive but doesn't have the breakaway speed I don't think.

We have to recruit someone with Marion level speed...Every good team has a couple.

That should be one of the next steps in recruiting. Getting guys with elite sprinter speed. Wake has had guys like that before. Idlette, Marion, John Stone, et al.

Was BC ranked when we played them in 2006?

yes, from the clip above, they were #16

and speaking of #16 in the clip above, fun to watch BC's #16 hustling down the sideline after Marion, knowing he had no chance of catching him, but knowing he needed to hustle for the film review

That should be one of the next steps in recruiting. Getting guys with elite sprinter speed. Wake has had guys like that before. Idlette, Marion, John Stone, et al.

Absolutely. Gotta have a burner. I don't think we have anyone on the team, especially offense, who runs a true 4.3ish like Marion and the other guys did.

yeah, was just gonna comment on the Kenny Moore block

went looking at the stats and the offense did not do much that night outside of a couple big plays

was Moore's first game at RB -- what a great Deac

Crazy to think that at one point, BC @ Wake was ESPN's game of the week.

Looks like the highlight was from a replay on ESPN Classic. Was an ESPN2 primetime game.

Two one-play TD drives in that game. Not shabby

Absolutely. Gotta have a burner. I don't think we have anyone on the team, especially offense, who runs a true 4.3ish like Marion and the other guys did.

You need burners who can catch and not fumble. Not a ton of those out there. We have had some burners since Marion who were not great receivers.

Deacs really upsetting their European fan base with all these evening games. How do they expect to grow the brand if Europe is asleep when the game starts? That´s millions of viewers they are losing, because they have to have the "East Coast Prime Time Slot". All true International fans know that the true prime time spot is the noon game.

Back