• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Louisville Game Time - 7:30 ACCN

9 points is a lot. I'm thinking something like 34-27 with a backdoor cover.

9 points is a lot. Surprised. Regardless, I’ll take a ‘W’ if it’s 9, 20 or 1.
As long as it’s a win

Even with that, they probably lose if Dillon doesn't fumble at the 2.

1. Louisville forced the fumble
2. it was the first drive of the game; a lot happened after that play
3. Still don't see how BC would have "smoked" UL - those looked like two pretty even teams to me (and we had our hands full with one of them, albeit on the road)

I agree the teams seemed evenly matched.

Brown doesn't play defense and UL had 664 yards including 10 plays of 20 yards or more

I watched the entire game. Both Louisville QBs played well. Freshman slightly better. They have 3 QBs all of whom pose problems for our D. I'm concerned.

I agree the teams seemed evenly matched.

Honestly, I don’t see much of a gap in the middle of the league. Tech is the clear bottom. Clemson is the clear top. Us and UVA are at the top of the rest but closer to the rest than to Clemson. The other 10 are in a mush of mediocrity. Certainly possible VT and FSU emerge to form another tier. Maybe UNC, Pitt, or Duke.

Last edited:
That seems like too many points at first glance. I’m expecting a hard fought game. Satterfield is gonna be a good one. I also didn’t realize claw is 0-6 after a bye. He’s due?

That seems like too many points at first glance. I’m expecting a hard fought game. Satterfield is gonna be a good one. I also didn’t realize claw is 0-6 after a bye. He’s due?

That needs to change.

BC is going to smoke them, I think. If BC plays as well as they played against us, they win by two touchdowns.

But they didn’t. BC made way too many mistakes, their play calling was questionable, and their D got gassed. They played no where near as well as they did against us at home on D. Of course we didn’t throw enough IMHO like Louisville did. We are better.

Whoever has the ball last wins. 42-38 Wake.

We need to get some style points this week !

This will be a tough game and test us physically and mentally. If we want to be real good, this is a game you win. Style points be damned. Win.

No. We need style points. Clawson needs to start caring.

What is our best win to date? 3-3 BC, 3-3 UNC or 3-2 Utah state? I like being ranked don’t get me wrong but we are about to enter the real meat of our schedule now.

The whole schedule is real mediocre. We may not get a “good win” even if we win 9+ games.

Think it's gotta be UNC given how solid they've looked.

FPI rankings:
UNC #38
Utah State #56
BC #78

BTW we're looking like consensus 6.5 point faves against Louisville, not sure where opened us -9 but it quickly adjusted down

What is our best win to date? 3-3 BC, 3-3 UNC or 3-2 Utah state? I like being ranked don’t get me wrong but we are about to enter the real meat of our schedule now.

fortunately for us, even the "meat of our schedule" is very tame

Against 3-2 Louisville, 3-2 FSU, 3-2 NCSU, 3-2 VT...

Meanwhile, in Sagarin:
BC: 83
UNC: 49
Utah State: 45
Louisville: 73
FSU: 40
NC State: 68
VT: 71

Our schedule isn't really getting any tougher than the games you pointed out until we get to Clemson. Plus we get 3 of them all at home.

Back