• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Louisville Game Time - 7:30 ACCN

He wrote that Louisville will control time of possession because Louisville has longer time of possession in their games than Wake. Maybe you can make that argument against a team with a very low TOP but saying it about a team with the 33th highest TOP despite being a quick offense is just dumb.

Also with respect to TOP, he didn’t mention that we are 5th in the nation in 3rd down conversions and 9th in the nation on 3rd down stops. They held BC to 4/15 on 3rd down. We held them to 2/12. They were 8/16 on 3rd down vs. BC. We were 17/24.

He wrote that Louisville will control time of possession because Louisville has longer time of possession in their games than Wake. Maybe you can make that argument against a team with a very low TOP but saying it about a team with the 33th highest TOP despite being a quick offense is just dumb.

Also with respect to TOP, he didn’t mention that we are 5th in the nation in 3rd down conversions and 9th in the nation on 3rd down stops. They held BC to 4/15 on 3rd down. We held them to 2/12. They were 8/16 on 3rd down vs. BC. We were 17/24.

Yeah but he also says that the Louisville (63) defense is the best we've faced this year. Oddly enough, USU (81) is the best defense we've faced this year, and they've gotten blown up by LSU and Wake. UNC-CH is #96.

BTW, BC is now #126. If you can't get style points aginst them, something is wrong.

I do like the fact that 3 of the Cards starting DBs are 5'10-5'11. Jamie should go deep early and often and let our big boys just pick the ball out of the air. I would hope Jamie goes for 400+ yards in this game with Hinton gaining lots of yards up the middle as they focus on our giants on the outside.

I do like the fact that 3 of the Cards starting DBs are 5'10-5'11. Jamie should go deep early and often and let our big boys just pick the ball out of the air. I would hope Jamie goes for 400+ yards in this game with Hinton gaining lots of yards up the middle as they focus on our giants on the outside.

Yeah, but the plan is for those guys to play better, eliminate mental mistakes, improve one-on-one coverage, and get help over the top. I'd say we're screwed.

Big Red Louie has exposed us. We're fucked.

Louisville played Eastern Kentucky, which really drove up their defensive ratings. Without that game included, Louisville would rank in the 110s nationally in pass and overall defense as they've gotten abused defensively in 3 of their 4 other games. In a similar move, if you ignored the Elon game with WF, the Deacs are still a top 12 passing and top 25 overall offense versus it's current top 9 and top 15 respective rankings.

Louisville is going to have to outscore WF, not rely on their defense.

Last edited:
Good. Any bulletin board material is great. Just don’t let our dude Justin Strnad read that or he may kill someone. He was a pissed off mad man vs UNC after hearing those bastards talk shit that entire week. So please...keep getting Justin upset!

WF is home.

WF is off a bye (L'ville is not).

WF is as healthy as they have been all season.

WF has the better QB.

L'ville is susceptible to big plays. WF has a big play offense.

WF is in position to play its most complete game of the season.

A good/well-coached team in this spot should win this game.

WF is good and well-coached.

Last edited:
WF is home.

WF is off a bye (L'ville is not).

WF is as healthy as they have been all season.

WF has the better QB.

L'ville is susceptible to big plays. WF has a big play offense.

WF is in position to play its most complete game of the season.

A good/well-coached team in this spot should win this game.

WF is good and well-coached.

Wake is as healthy as we’ve been in years!

Yeah, I think BC looked pretty ragged against Louisville. They played their best game by far against us - they certainly played better against us at home than they did at Louisville.

I would like to see Newman a little sharper than his last two games. He underthrew some balls to Sage and overthrew the ball to Walker.

If we can force Louisville to string togethre 10-12 play drives to score instead of 5 or less, I think we'll be fine. For some reason, BC was awful at tackling last week.

Psychologically, I am comfortable with the fact that we have been looking at Louisville explosive plays against BC, our last opponent, for the last 5 or 6 days. I think we'll be ready. I also think that they are young and inexperienced at QB so forcing them into long drives, giving them different looks, great play from our experienced corners will be critical. Would love to see the defense step up and make a statement.

If you look at metrics USU is the best D we’ve played. Rice worst by far, BC second worst, then Louisville, UNC. Only USU is in the top half of the country in defense. The rest are all 75th or worse.

Actually line opened up at -9 and then early sharp betting brought it back to -6.5

Line opened at -6/-6.5 pretty much everywhere. The "opening line" of -9 that's been getting thrown around here and on twitter comes from vegas insider which isn't accurate at all.

Scoresandodds.com is a pretty good resource for tracking line movements.

Ever dismissive of the Deacs:
Although it’s Wake Forest, we shouldn’t discount what a top 25 win would mean to the direction and future of the Louisville football program. Despite the struggles I saw last week, I have a ton of faith that Saturday night for the first time on the ACC Network we’ll see Louisville pick up a program changing win.

Line opened at -6/-6.5 pretty much everywhere. The "opening line" of -9 that's been getting thrown around here and on twitter comes from vegas insider which isn't accurate at all.

Scoresandodds.com is a pretty good resource for tracking line movements.

Came from circasports which has been putting lines out an hour or so before every other book all season. I believe Vegas insider just aggregates

Back