• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Louisville Game Time - 7:30 ACCN

How about when he helped get a disgruntled former Wake QB coach a job as the radio play by play guy over Clawson’s objections and that guy gave important information to opposing coaches?

Or when he used Rusty and Chill as human shields.

And Phonz at the ol' brainwashing session back in 2011

I hope not. Time to Class up and move on. Other than basketball all sports programs are in pretty good shape. Athletic facilities are great. A lot to look forward to.
Swallow the resentment and clap for the last time you will probably see him.

I know you’re right and I really want to feel that way, but I just can’t. Wellman did a lot of good things for Wake, but he totally destroyed our basketball program with 2 of the worst coaching hires one could imagine and putting us in a position where we couldn’t fire Manning after last year. I can’t get over that. I’m going to be silent when he comes out, if people want to boo or cheer that’s their right.

A polite clap, but cheers for the football team.
We all know the score, but the national audience sees big things happening at Wake. Leave it at that positive impression for them. Basketball will get better for us eventually.
The way Coach Clawson has things going now, his hiring under Ron may be the far bigger accomplishment/success than any middle of the road basketball hire/s would have been. And my main interest for Wake has been basketball since the 'Bones era.

How do you interview Jeff Buzzy and go “yeah, that’s my guy.” Did anyone actually conduct the interview?

There will be enough loudness with AC/DC or Guns and Roses and motorcycle noise blaring to muffle any booing.

Hell, boo Manning instead.

A polite clap, but cheers for the football team.
We all know the score, but the national audience sees big things happening at Wake. Leave it at that positive impression for them. Basketball will get better for us eventually.
The way Coach Clawson has things going now, his hiring under Ron may be the far bigger accomplishment/success than any middle of the road basketball hire/s would have been. And my main interest for Wake has been basketball since the 'Bones era.

If Wellman had just stuck to hiring the best coach he could get from Ohio.

How about when he helped get a disgruntled former Wake QB coach a job as the radio play by play guy over Clawson’s objections and that guy gave important information to opposing coaches?

I didn't realize Clawson objected to Elrod getting that gig.

Yeah. In an interview, Clawson said something to the effect of “I wasn’t sure about it because I chose not to hire him but they assured me it would be fine.”

Clawson could have just been saying it after the fact but I can see why a coach would be concerned about a former coach he has no ties to hanging around practice.

Oh Heavens Yes! Boo that smug asshole..

Is he available to do the post-game radio show for Clawson?

People should use the term "he killed the most cared about sport at WF" when talking about basketball and Wellman because football clearly rules over everything else in the college landscape.

Roll a basketball out in front of him and unimaginable bad things will happen.

The reason Wake basketball still sucks is that there are enough people who want or tolerate Ron Wellman having the honor of opening a Wake game.

He should not be allowed back for any reason unless he personally pays Manning's buyout from the millions he stole from Wake.

He should not be allowed back for any reason.

FIFY.

This man is bad juju. He killed the basketball program. Its the worst in the entire ACC, and will take a decade to fix if we're lucky. Who knows if Clawson could have won more games if not for Wellman meddling and putting a traitor on his staff? If Wake's undefeated football season ends tonight, its because Ron was there being celebrated :tard:.

sorry for the slight off topic, but we have not been up to a game for awhile. we don't plan on tailgating, just run into the game. How is parking and how early should we get there before game time so we don't miss the start? thanks,

It’s Dixie classic fair so get there early. Bring chicken and tailgate for a bit.

Back