• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Injuries

80deacon

Reaction score
Any serious ones of note up to now?

Mike Allen, Kenneth Walker?

Coby Davis is the most significant one right now, at least to my knowledge. He's missed the last 2 games and Trey Rucker looks better at times than he did in the first game or two, but I think they miss Davis.

I don't think Kenneth Walker III is hurt -- I think that's another example of dudes on ACCN spewing word vomit without having facts. Now, obviously, I'll look like an idiot if Clawson says tomorrow at radio show that he's hurt, or if he disappears from the depth chart next week, but I didn't see any indication he was hurt during the game or during re-watch. He's third on the depth chart. He fumbled against Elon -- this staff hates fumbles. Keep in mind how good Matt Colburn II looked in '16, he fumbled against BC, and barely did anything for about a month. Not saying that'll repeat itself; just that if you're a WF running back, you can't fumble and you have to prove yourself in pass protection.

I have no idea if Mike Allen is hurt. I think he's just the fifth-best D-tackle, behind Bothroyd, Bergan, Kamara and now that he's healthy, Tyler Williams (who was clearly the best of the bunch against BC).

Bothroyd might have been shaken up during the game, but I actually talked to him after the game, he seemed to be fine.

Hinton wasn't 100%, but he had 6 catches for 67 yards and now gets an extra week to rest. Might want to pencil in another huge game for a WF slot receiver against Louisville now.

Coby Davis is the most significant one right now, at least to my knowledge. He's missed the last 2 games and Trey Rucker looks better at times than he did in the first game or two, but I think they miss Davis.

I don't think Kenneth Walker III is hurt -- I think that's another example of dudes on ACCN spewing word vomit without having facts. Now, obviously, I'll look like an idiot if Clawson says tomorrow at radio show that he's hurt, or if he disappears from the depth chart next week, but I didn't see any indication he was hurt during the game or during re-watch. He's third on the depth chart. He fumbled against Elon -- this staff hates fumbles. Keep in mind how good Matt Colburn II looked in '16, he fumbled against BC, and barely did anything for about a month. Not saying that'll repeat itself; just that if you're a WF running back, you can't fumble and you have to prove yourself in pass protection.

I have no idea if Mike Allen is hurt. I think he's just the fifth-best D-tackle, behind Bothroyd, Bergan, Kamara and now that he's healthy, Tyler Williams (who was clearly the best of the bunch against BC).

Bothroyd might have been shaken up during the game, but I actually talked to him after the game, he seemed to be fine.

Hinton wasn't 100%, but he had 6 catches for 67 yards and now gets an extra week to rest. Might want to pencil in another huge game for a WF slot receiver against Louisville now.

Thanks Conor.
Our injury situation this season compared to last season is unreal. We went from unbelievably bad to unbelievably good.
Wonder how much the staff thinks this is due to the new summer practice routine that Ramos up more slowly. If so, it’s definitely working. I don’t know when we’ve ever had just one injury midway through the season.

Thanks Conor.
Our injury situation this season compared to last season is unreal. We went from unbelievably bad to unbelievably good.
Wonder how much the staff thinks this is due to the new summer practice routine that Ramos up more slowly. If so, it’s definitely working. I don’t know when we’ve ever had just one injury midway through the season.

Ramos should be ramps. Won’t let me edit.

Thanks Conor.

For goodness sake, don't put the jinx on us!!!

Thank you Connor. It doesn't appear that the staff has the same attitude for the quarterbacks after interceptions. Don't get me wrong.... I love Jamie and wouldn't pull him, but two of his recent interceptions (BC and UNC) were bad reads on his part, for not seeing the deep safeties. In both cases, had we scored on those possessions, we likely create enough distance to put the game out of reach for the opponents.

Last edited:
Thank you Connor. It doesn't appear that the staff has the same attitude for the quarterbacks after interceptions. Don't get me wrong.... I love Jamie and wouldn't pull him, but two of his recent interceptions (BC and UNC) were bad reads on his part, for not seeing the deep safeties. In both cases, had we scored on those possessions, we likely create enough distance to put the game out of reach for the opponents.

Yeah, had he not thrown those ints, we probably would have WON!!!111!!!

If you want your QB to take risks then they will occasionally throw a pick. I don’t want a risk averse QB who is afraid to air it out. His successes are clearly far outweighing his mistakes in his career

He is completing 70% of his passes, averaging more than 300 passing yards per game, and has a 14:3 TD:INT ratio. This is idiotic.

And how many games has he started? Wait till he gets some experience!

Seriously, Newman is playing phenomenal football right now. Wake has had some very good QBs (I believe Wolford was perhaps the best ever in terms of the offense he ran); but, I cannot recall anyone doing what Jamie is doing especially so early in his career (career in the sense of games played).

his point was that not playing walker bc of a fumble (he recovered) is akin to benching newman due to those picks

Seems like we are racking them up. The Catapult system was supposed to help limit injuries, but we've struggled to stay healthy in the second half of the season. We don't seem to have as many practice injuries, but we're getting wrecked in games.

Seems like we are racking them up. The Catapult system was supposed to help limit injuries, but we've struggled to stay healthy in the second half of the season. We don't seem to have as many practice injuries, but we're getting wrecked in games.

I think the system is doing what it’s supposed to. There are limits to what a training system can do about in game injuries. And I don’t think our in game injuries look like they are the result of poor training or anything. I think it’s just regular football injuries.

Back