Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019-2020 NHL Thread – Playoffs???

That Marley drug ad seems unnecessary after that goal.

Teams that want to play the Canes right now:

Fuck that feels good

MY CANES

Quote Originally Posted by ipitytheblue View Post
    Not feeling good about this one
    OOPS

I'm ok with it

Hopefully the layoff between games doesn’t take away our momentum like it did last year.

Congrats, Caniacs! Last night's game was thrilling. The Svech hit was insane. The Aho goal was pure sex. And now the Blueshirts are dispatched!

Quote Originally Posted by 06deacon View Post
    That Marley drug ad seems unnecessary after that goal.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Screamindemon3 View Post
    Teams that want to play the Canes right now:
    Yup. The top four should be fairly motivated to avoid Carolina in the opening round.

Quote Originally Posted by Screamindemon3 View Post
    The Canes social media team is so good. They're consistently killing it.

Weird stat of the day: every Carolina playoff series since their 2006 Eastern Conference Final has been either 1) a sweep or 2) 7 games.

It's a little less weird when you consider the 10 year playoff hiatus, but that still covers 9 different series that went 3/4 or 7.

ETA: on second thought, my joke was inappropriate.
    Last edited by wakelaw13; 08-05-2020 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HailToTheDeacons View Post
    Weird stat of the day: every Carolina playoff series since their 2006 Eastern Conference Final has been either 1) a sweep or 2) 7 games.

It's a little less weird when you consider the 10 year playoff hiatus, but that still covers 9 different series that went 3/4 or 7.
    They have also made at least the Conference finals every season they qualified for the playoffs since 2001-2.

Both 12 seeds took a 2-1 lead...

Who doesn't love an upset? But on the other hand, Lafreniθre to the Penguins? No thanks. Edmonton doesn't need another 1st overall, either, which begs the question - how many top picks does it take to be competitive in the playoffs? The Oilers may never know...

Elsewhere: the Kachina sweaters are amazing and I'm so glad they're back.

Six consecutive elimination games today

Hopefully the Canes get the Caps. I'd feel better about that series than the Bruins.

Quote Originally Posted by ipitytheblue View Post
    Six consecutive elimination games today

Hopefully the Canes get the Caps. I'd feel better about that series than the Bruins.
    I'm rooting for the Caps too. I love the rivalry, and would thoroughly enjoy knocking them out of the playoffs two years in a row. If we make it past them, I think the Canes will have another shot at the Bruins later on.

Pens lose so Canes play loser of Bruins/Caps. Regular season points is the tiebreak so it doesn't matter if the Caps lose in OT.

Let's go Bruins. Holtby is having the worst season of his career.

For sure, but playoff Holtby is usually a different animal.

Related: 1.69 GAA, .947 save%, and a SO for Mr. Steal-a-Series Price.

Oilers take a too many men penalty while trying to pull their keeper, down 3-2 with the season on the line.

Ouch.

And both 12 seeds won their series.

The BJs massively imploded. I worry for their player’s safety with Torts around...

Today, we’ll figure out the top seeding in both conferences. Bolts and Flyers will play Habs or Leafs/BJs. Avs and Knights will play the Hawks or OUR Kachina Yotes.

Tomorrow, the other series are determined. Bruins and Caps will play Canes or Isles, and Blues and Stars will play the Canucks or Flames.