• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019-2020 NHL Thread – Playoffs???

Detroit is making every Canes and Bolts game their Stanley Cup and saying fuck it for the other teams. They beat Tampa 5-1 the other week. Just goes to show that intensity and being motivated goes a long way in the NHL. That was how the Canes made their progress in recent years, outworking the other team and doing the little things better. That is exactly what the Wings have done to Carolina in almost every game against them this season. Rod needs to make the boys watch every Detroit game tape in succession and show them how they should be playing if they want their names on the Cup.

Back to back games against Tampa tonight and tomorrow. Considering we're up two points on the Lightening with a game in hand, I'd definitely take 1 out of 2. The rest of the schedule is pretty soft, with the biggest challenge being two games against Florida, who we have absolutely dominated. First place is ours for the taking.

Felt like we played a B- game and they gave us their best. Lucky to come out with a point.

It would be really nice to have Turbo back in the lineup for about ten games before the playoffs start. He’s on this trip so it could happen.

Alex Killorn is a human piece of shit. It is known. I really hope the league reviews that hit. He ABSOLUTELY launched into Marty. The only reason Necas was able to come back is that he's so damn spry that he fell back at the last millisecond to lessen the blow. Hakanpaa better make a beeline to Killorn the first time they share the ice tonight. That's why we got him.

Paquette is also a dude not to be messed with. But I agree, the gloves should be dropped.

Paquette is also a dude not to be messed with. But I agree, the gloves should be dropped.

He took a stick handle to the mouth last night as well, added motivation for Ced maybe? I wonder what his relationship with Killorn was like while he was in Tampa? Let's hope they weren't drinking buddies.

I'm hesitant to call another team "dirty" because I realize I'm biased, but they were pretty dirty last night, right? Several elbows, the launch hit on Necas, etc. It was a pattern.

3 out of 4 in Tampa. K thanks bye. Can't wait to punk them again in the playoffs. Big balls from every player wearing red tonight. Big ass balls. Can't buy underwear, balls don't fit.

14 penalty minutes in the third and still win by 2. The refs sure made a case for 1sr star tonight as much face time as they got. I really hope the league reviews this crew and this game.

That 2-0 shorty was sexy.

The four dudes in the box was hilarious.

Go Canes, go.

Meanwhile, Varlamov earned a shutout loss tonight.

Samsonov got the shutout victory!

Necas and Ned continue playing a high level. Go ‘Canes!

Last edited:
Canes can officially clinch a playoffs berth with a win tomorrow or an OT/SO loss and Detroit regulation win.

Damn almost 10 days since the last post on this thread. Canes mofos! NHL points leader as we speak.

Back