• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019-2020 NHL Thread – Playoffs???

The exhibition schedule is fantastic.

cut.jpg

They actually did a good job with these. That being said, I'll skip on the Rangers-Islanders game (except maybe the end) since the Yankees are on at the same time and that game actually counts.

No way. Fuck the Kraken. Hoping for a fish name. At least it's Seattle relevant and not a spiced rum or B horror flick monster. Kraken reminds me of an XFL team.

I would have a hard time pulling for the Kraken (as a "Krak-head" in the "Krak-house" etc.) and I'm incredibly pumped for the team. Hopefully the "light mood" trailer and salmon/seagreen color scheme lend themselves more to the Sockeye.

Give them a non-dumb name, sweet logo (love the colors already), and I'll have a shirt asap. I can see Key Aren... Uhhh, Climate Pledge Arena from my apartment.

I don't like any of their options but Kraken seems the best of them.

Yep it's the Kraken.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck the one stupid ass bullshit name I didn't want. So immature.

Their uniforms & colors are sweeeeeet. What were the other names?

The video and logo are freaking awesome

Their uniforms & colors are sweeeeeet. What were the other names?

The ESPN article said the five finalists names were put in a time capsule in the Space Needle, and won't be opened until 2062 (100th year anniversary of the monument).

much more into the Kraken aesthetic following the Mariners than the Charlotte FC aesthetic following the Panthers

lol at their Twitter bio:

now that we have a name, we're strategizing all the ways to draft your favorite player

Some comment I read put it nicely: Sounds like the perfect name for a team entering the league in 2006 with promotional backing by Monster Energy drinks.

Plus the "S" looks like the Seagram's logo.

Last edited:
I was also holding out for Bitch Pigeons.

I think the sweaters and concept are sharp; however, I wouldn't have minded a reliance on green instead of blue.

Moar reason to stick with the mighty Canes ipity. At least until we start going cheap on our player personnel like we do with the rest of our organizational staff

Moar reason to stick with the mighty Canes ipity. At least until we start going cheap on our player personnel like we do with the rest of our organizational staff

Oh I'm not giving up on the Canes in the least. Be nice to be on the ground floor of a secondary Western Conference team, even if they have a dumbass gimmicky name.

Back