• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019-2020 NHL Thread – Playoffs???

Vincent Trochek to the Canes. Erik Haula, Lucas Wallmark and prospects Chase Priskie and Eetu Luostarinen to the Florida Panthers.

Trochek is signed through 21-22 season at 4.5 million a year. Not a terrible deal for the Canes.

Sorry to see Wallmark go as he’s had a pretty good stretch but that might be a good example of selling high.

Waddell loves to play around at the deadline. He’s also pretty good at it. Haula needed to go, he is injury prone, didn’t really jive with RBD, his wife hated it in Raleigh, and he’s due for a pretty big contract next year. I loved Wally but I agree with you guys, we took advantage of his hot stretch and sold him high.

Luckily it sounds like Mrazek is going to be back sooner than we thought so no need to overpay for another mid level goalie. If Nedeljkovic isn’t ready for the big stage by now then he never will be.

I’ve seen almost every one of the prospects that we traded play NHL games and they did not impress. In fact most of them have been outshined in Charlotte this year as well. So we got good return on those guys. Kuokkanen could end up being good as well as Luostorinen. But both of those guys are still years from sniffing an NHL roster.

Both Vatenen and Skjei bring experience, skill, and potential. They both should easily fit in with our play. They don’t come without risks though, as Vatanen is still injured and Skjei’s trajectory has bottomed our in recent seasons. Trochek can be an absolute stud, and is exactly what we need right now as a righty to finally take some face offs for us.

Very well thought out and executed deadline day for the Canes.

Canes did well yesterday. Especially with the Trochek deal. They essentially got a top 6 center without giving up a whole lot. That's hard to do. I do wonder if they overpaid for Skejei in giving up a first round pick.

Youtube TV loses rights to all local fox sports channels after tonight. Bye bye Canes on Youtube TV :tear:

Brutal loss. Down 2 in the 3rd but tie it only to give up the game winner with less than 3 Left. Canes have been mediocre at home since the all star break. Really need a win at Montreal.

Must have had at least 4 posts plus Slavin missing a wide open net during 6-5 time at the end.

Considering we are playing with our AHL backup goalie you have to look at the bright side. We’ve been in the last two games and EASILY could have won both with some puck luck. Just not getting any bounces right now. Still in VERY good position to make the playoffs. The new guys will start gelling soon and we will have Vatanen in a week or two. Hopefully Mrazek is back soon. I’m not sure who you keep to back him up though. Forsberg and Ned haven’t looked great but a lot of the goals they’ve given up haven’t been their fault. I honestly like Forsbergs game better than what I’ve seen from Ned.

Zibanejad is a bad mother. If his season wasn't truncated he'd be in the Hart conversation.

I see the Canes still have 15 more games in the month of March :eek: including four back-to-backs.

Thanks for giving up half a dozen goals to the rangers. Meanwhile the canes looked lifeless against the flyers and got frequently out-hustled. Not great when you’re relying on your 3/4 string goalie.

Thanks for giving up half a dozen goals to the rangers. Meanwhile the canes looked lifeless against the flyers and got frequently out-hustled. Not great when you’re relying on your 3/4 string goalie.

A lot of teams look lifeless against the Flyers because Philadelphia is good again :sick:

The losses of Pesce and Hamilton have doomed this team. You could throw Dominik Hasek in net and he’s still giving up most of these goals. They’ll play awesome D for 70% of the game then give up non stop A+ chances the other 30%.

Went to the Vegas road win and today's. Might have to get my ass to Pittsburgh

Back