• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019-2020 NHL Thread – Playoffs???

I mean he over-pursued it but tough not to when you're trying to cover an open net. Edmundson had great stats today, but I swear he gave up at least 2 of the Bruins' goals.

He was gimpy at one point in the third, might've been banged up a bit. Def at fault for the third goal and got burned badly late in the 3rd for a near goal. Usually solid but not today.

Good to see some of the dudes further down the lineup like Fleury, Geekie and Dzingel making positive impacts

Rod super pissed about the officiating: https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/nhl/carolina-hurricanes/article244903537.html. Obvs agree it's super whack we can challenge one aspect of the play yet they find that the goal should have been overturned if we had challenged the other aspect.

That we scored a SHG and didn't allow a PPG on a penalty kill we wouldn't have had otherwise without all of that certainly makes that easier to digest. But nice double whammy between that and the inconsistent overtime officiating

Wow. Absolutely asinine the refs wouldn't even tell him what they were officially calling on the ice. You'd think a future HOF would get more respect than that. Whatever the league can do to protect the hockey "elites" I guess.

Note to Caps: don't make silly mistakes against the Islanders

Latest Rod Bod developments, fined $25K and will get fined an additional $25K if he chirps again in the next year. Clearly was looking for an opp to fire at the officials, was gonna do it at the presser but when he didn't get the chance called up DeCock to do it and get it in an article.

Hopefully has an impact on the team and the pinstripes

Well, that was a quick-ass fine. Rod is right to be enraged, and I think it boosts the Jerks morale.

I hope Backstrom wasn't concussed from the Anders Lee hit - he has a bad history there. Washington will get some center depth back Game 2 with Lars Eller returning after his kid's birth.

There were 17 penalties in Caps-Isles Game 1. It's going to be an unfriendly, rough series. I predicted 7 games before today, and I stand by that.

On the terrible penalty call in OT, Edmundson sent the puck around the boards after the penalty and the refs let the Bruins play 6 on 5 for about 30 seconds. Underrated miss that led to the 2nd OT starting with a Bruins power play.

Still confused by the Canes-Bruins review. So they challenged the handpass? Why? The goalie knew immediately he had covered the puck and was bringing it to the refs attention. The handpass seemed to have actually hit the glove of Slavin. The call on the ice may have been wrong but it seems like based on the limitations of the challenge they couldn't overturn it. Bizarre situation. Fortunately the short handed goal made it somewhat of a moot point.

Latest Rod Bod developments, fined $25K and will get fined an additional $25K if he chirps again in the next year. Clearly was looking for an opp to fire at the officials, was gonna do it at the presser but when he didn't get the chance called up DeCock to do it and get it in an article.

Hopefully has an impact on the team and the pinstripes

At the end of the presser (before the Fox Sports South feed cut away), you could see him get up, throw his palms up in the air, and exclaim "They didn't even ask me about......" as the feed cut away. I think he was stunned that no one asked him about the call, he was definitely ready to go off.

On the terrible penalty call in OT, Edmundson sent the puck around the boards after the penalty and the refs let the Bruins play 6 on 5 for about 30 seconds. Underrated miss that led to the 2nd OT starting with a Bruins power play.

Yeah I thought I was the only one who noticed that, the announcers didn’t even mention it. How does a Stanley Cup Level playoff referee miss something like that? Edmundson literally hit the puck in a pissed of exaggerated motion. Thirty extra seconds with a man advantage late in OT is a big damn deal. This crew shouldn’t be allowed to officiate another game after that clown show.

As this board's longest standing, maybe only Philadelphia Flyers fan, I'm very excited about these here playoffs. Carter Hart!

Haven't seen anything today but yesterday's quotes from Rod give me hope that whatever's up with Williams and Vatanen isn't serious. Sounds like they were late scratches and he's hopeful they'll be in the lineup this evening.

As this board's longest standing, maybe only Philadelphia Flyers fan, I'm very excited about these here playoffs. Carter Hart!

1986 Flyers with Hextall got me into hockey. That was 15 year old me just wanting to watch every sporting event possible. Thanks ESPN. Still my team in the East.

They were my team until the Stars moved to Dallas in 1993.

Sami and JW both back in, maybe they overslept yesterday and missed a meeting or something?

And no Pastrnak for Boston, that works! Though they stick with Rask whilst we go with Reimer.

But guess Edmundson was indeed hurt, he's out

Last edited:
Looks like Boston has 4 extra players wearing black and white on their team again tonight. It couldn’t be any more obvious if they tried.

Back