• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019-2020 NHL Thread – Playoffs???

Seems Mrazek has regressed. Wasn’t he pretty solid a couple of years ago?

Seems Mrazek has regressed. Wasn’t he pretty solid a couple of years ago?

Well, he has a broken hand so....

Assuming you did not know about his hand injury, he was KILLING it this season prior to that injury. 2-0-1 with a 0.99 GAA, and 2 shutouts in his three starts.

As far as any regression, his level of play for the Canes in his first two full seasons is pretty much in line with his play in Philly, and Detroit. He has always been a smaller tender, who relies on his speed, athleticism, and technique. When his technique isn't 100% sound he gives up bad goals due to his size. He's a poor man's Marc-Andre Fleury who has a higher skill, but will also give up bad goals on his off nights due to his size.

i'm probably a little off here, but he seems to take a lot more chances or risks, but that seemed to have died down this season.

Thanks to COVID postponements in their other opponents' schedules, the Coyotes and Blues are going to play seven consecutive games against each other over a two week period. Just like the playoffs.

Thanks to COVID postponements in their other opponents' schedules, the Coyotes and Blues are going to play seven consecutive games against each other over a two week period. Just like the playoffs.

Wow, that fucking sucks for the 'Yotes lol.

Well that was fun.

Sorry, DeaconForever.

Thanks man. That was an absolute shit show on every level for the Jackets. Couldn't get the puck out of our own zone all night long. I'm glad we've only got one game in Carolina this week.

These Canes might be the best team in the division. A Carolina-Tampa playoff series would be fun.

I thought it was going to be the other way around through the first period. 3-1 with just 1:30 left in the first was not fun. Reimer really stepped up after a bad first.

Thanks man. That was an absolute shit show on every level for the Jackets. Couldn't get the puck out of our own zone all night long. I'm glad we've only got one game in Carolina this week.

These Canes might be the best team in the division. A Carolina-Tampa playoff series would be fun.

I was in the Blue Jackets game thread on reddit last night and there seemed to be a lot of grumbling about Torts. Any chance he's on the hot seat if the team keeps trending this way?

I was in the Blue Jackets game thread on reddit last night and there seemed to be a lot of grumbling about Torts. Any chance he's on the hot seat if the team keeps trending this way?

Torts is easily the best coach in the history of the franchise and he has truly changed the culture. That being said, his "old school" style has always had a shelf life and he may be nearing his. His preference for playing veterans over more talented younger guys is really hurting the team. Our best forward might be getting about 13 minutes a game while aging veterans are playing 20 plus minutes. The last straw was benching Laine four games into his tenure. We finally get a high end forward that we absolutely must resign and he's immediately dragged into the circus that is Blue Jacket hockey 2021. Laine said all the right things after the incident, but it's still a bad look. No one mentions that he also benched a top 4 defenseman in that same game.

This is the last year on Torts' contract. No one has really talked about an extension beyond this year. I wouldn't be surprised if he moves on after this year.

Anyone have Gerard Gallant's number?

Super risky cross-ice pass in the offensive zone leads to a breakaway and a Canes loss in overtime. One point at home against FLA isn't bad but you really wanted two there.

Super risky cross-ice pass in the offensive zone leads to a breakaway and a Canes loss in overtime. One point at home against FLA isn't bad but you really wanted two there.

Offense went dormant after scoring two in 22 seconds.

Before tonight, the Athletic had us tied with Tampa for the third best shot at winning the cup at 13%, behind Boston (17%) and Colorado (15%). Hopefully it continues to be a fun season. I think we might need to make a move for a keeper, though.

Ned was awesome tonight. I imagine he’ll start taking minutes from Reimer.

Just got home from dinner and watched the extended highlights. Holy shit, stoked barely even describes my mood right now. Back-to-back shutouts of the defending champs and 4-0 against the runners up. Account for that and 12-3-1 record and it is very hard not to say this may be the best team in hockey at the moment. They have won without key players throughout the entire season thus far. Mrazek, Slavin, Fast, Teravainen, Necas, Pesce, Trochek, Martinook, Fleury, Staal, and Foegele have all missed multiple games so far this season. Absolutely incredible start for our boys, with arguably the best "Taxi Squad" in the league with Bean, Lorentz, Rempal, McCormick, and Geekie.

Canes had no business winning that game tonight but like I said earlier this season, great teams win games when they aren't at their best. Happy for Necas to get 2 crucial points on the game-tying and winning goals. Let's not play Florida for a few weeks, please? My blood pressure will thank you.

A) The Canes are awesome

B) Remember how nice it was to get out of the Metro gauntlet? Well, the top 3 teams in point percentage and 3 of the top 4 in total points are all in the Central. Fuck us, I guess.

On the bright side, I don’t see us losing to anyone in the division other than Tampa. That will be a tough series.

Back