• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019-2020 NHL Thread – Playoffs???

One game but Tampa and Boston continue to appear a few steps ahead of any Metro teams

Was kind of hoping to see them get to 10 goals last night.....

Boom

This Stars team is special. So happy for Benn and Seguin

What a strange series. I really felt that-- but for Anton-- the Stars were thoroughly outclassed for 13 1/2 of the first 14 1/2 periods in the series. They couldn't find any offensive rhythm, but found ways to score just enough. I've never seen a Stars team so woefully inept with its passing, puckhandling, decisions, etc. It's not like Edmonton is known for choppy ice, and besides that, LV had no similar problems, plus the Stars have been playing on that ice for a long time now with no problems. It's just LV that gave them those issues and seemed to get in their head.

And then after the 2nd goal, LV let up. They quit challenging the Stars in their zone, and provided some mildly pesky resistance in the neutral zone, which allowed the Stars to gain some confidence and flow in handling the puck. Then they scored and suddenly looked confident. Then the PP wasn't a complete shit show for once and they scored off that. More confidence. The winner was a thing of beauty.

Very happy to escape that series, although it isn't as if TB is going to be an easy skate. They will be really tough to beat and will be the favorites.

And is there anything more 2020 than a team from Florida beating a team from Texas for the Stanley Cup at the end of September in an empty arena in Canada?

And is there anything more 2020 than a team from Florida beating a team from Texas for the Stanley Cup at the end of September in an empty arena in Canada?

Glad to see the Bolts win Lord Stanley's Mug. I remember going to a playoff game at MSG a few years back (when my Rangers were actually good) and Tampa just looked like a well-coached team with great execution. When I watch them in a setting where they're not playing the Rangers, they are a lot of fun to watch. I'm glad they earned getting their names on The Mug.

Oh woo-hoo...I won the boards Playoff Bracket Challenge amongst the six of us that participated.

Even as a Stars fan, I loved watching the Bolts play. They are a fun team and super talented

Power play was difference in series. Tampa scored in over half of theirs and Stars struggled to score in theirs

Stars injuries didn’t help, but with Tampa having arguably the top three players on the ice the Stars were going to be hard pressed to win

And finally congrats to Zach Bogosian and former Deac soccer player Bianca Bogosian on the cup!

Hard to say the bolts don’t deserve it. Sucks I missed the game last night, I try to at least watch the clinchers once my team’s long out of it. Did they at least pipe in crowd noise booing Bettman?

Stars looked very uninspired last night after the penalty. I think they were just beat, physically and mentally. All teams are at that stage late in the playoffs, but it has been noticeable since the LV series. Helluva run, and I may not see them get there again for another 20 years so I'll enjoy it and move on. The loss to NJ in 2000 hurt a lot more than this one.

The NBA is facing the same thing, but what a weird off-season it will be for hockey. If they start at the beginning of January (the New Years Day game) as projected, the Stars and Lightning will have less than two months off before camp opens. OTOH, some teams will have had 10 months off before the next season starts.

The NBA is facing the same thing, but what a weird off-season it will be for hockey. If they start at the beginning of January (the New Years Day game) as projected, the Stars and Lightning will have less than two months off before camp opens. OTOH, some teams will have had 10 months off before the next season starts.

The NBA at least had the teams that didn't go to Orlando get together and practice during the past couple of months at their own complexes. I don't think that happened with hockey.

For hockey, camp normally is at the beginning of September and the Cup normally ends by June 10, so the Bolts and Stars are really losing 2-3 weeks of their offseason.

Getting 82 games in between January 1 and say even April 30 is going to be tough - that's 4 to 5 games a week, which is brutal in such a physical game (and that's even going 2-3 weeks longer in April than normal).

I was randomly curious who the Stars owner is these days and Wikipedia tells me it's Pat Maroon. Quality trolling.

But yeah, all kudos to the Ning. All about the best team and a team clearly better than the Canes winning the Cup once we got bounced. For all the talk of bubble chaos it produced as deserving a champ as ever

Last edited:
Canes sign Jesper Fast to a 3 year, $6M deal - good fit for the system.

Back