• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019-2020 NHL Thread – Playoffs???

I have some good news for you in particular -- Forslund is the Kraken's announcer starting next year.

But yeah, Mike has been solid -- could have wound up a lot worse just promoting someone internally

Oh yeah! I totally forgot about that. Lots of links between Seattle and Raleigh hockey.

I have some good news for you in particular -- Forslund is the Kraken's announcer starting next year.

But yeah, Mike has been solid -- could have wound up a lot worse just promoting someone internally

So Forslund didn't leave for an NBC gig, it was a one-year deal before the Kraken position? Or did the Kraken opportunity come along after he started with NBC?

I believe Forslund has always had a deal with NBC to call national games. He left the Hurricanes booth not by choice. Apparently we never even discussed an extension with him.

The more I watch Joel Edmundson play for Montreal in the playoffs the more I wish the Canes would have kept him around.

Really hope this man can get a Stanley as a coach

Expansion draft tonight. Kraken taking Geekie over Bean, no side deal. Will be intrigued to see how they do this season.

Also, Nashville prospect Luke Prokop came out as gay the other day.

Curious to see how free agency and the draft goes because that Kraken draft (right down the street from me) was... underwhelming. They have all of the cap room in the world right now, though.

I thought for sure it’d be Nino or bean. It feels like we got pretty lucky. Geekie is a high energy guy, seems like a nice prospect but a bottom line grinder for us with not a lot of room for ascension in this lineup. So it may work out for him better as well.

That is…surprising. Guess they’re clearing room for Dougie?

Thanks guys, 'preciate it. Hope Mrazek is healthy.

I'm a very casual Canes/hockey fan until playoff time, but I'm not sure I've ever seen a Canes trade or move so unanimously skewered. This seems dumb.

I'm a very casual Canes/hockey fan until playoff time, but I'm not sure I've ever seen a Canes trade or move so unanimously skewered. This seems dumb.

Seen on the web that his girlfriend is at MSU so maybe that had something to do with it? Still surprising they let him walk at that price. Perhaps they're still feeling burned after the Scott Darling debacle.

This is a truly strange off-season for the Canes. Why would they give up on Jake Bean already? He seems like a young, developing D-Man that you would want to keep around. The Ned move and this have me scratching my head.

So much for saying we want to contend for the cup for the next few years. We are going backwards.

The Caps re-sign the Great 8 (Ovechkin) to a five year 47 million deal. Ovie is 35; so, this deal locks him up until he hits 40. The window has likely closed on the Caps Cup chances, but Ovie is still compelling to watch. His size, speed and strength remain breath-taking.

Back