• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019-2020 NHL Thread – Playoffs???

Bettman fines the Rangers $250k for Parros comments. Wow...

Last edited:
To recap:

Rangers bitched about Tom Wilson, issued the worst press release in sports history, fired their president and GM ("just a coincidence"), started 6 fights and lost them all, lost the game (Oshie!), then got fined $250k for the press release.

ETA: And Buchnevich gets suspended for his dirty play.

Yikes.

Last edited:
Yeah on the one hand I get resting half the team but on the other hand you’re giving nsh a huge boost of confidence and momentum.

5-0 is a shellacking regardless of who sat out. Hadn't NSH clinched the final spot? Wonder if they sat guys too.

5-0 is a shellacking regardless of who sat out. Hadn't NSH clinched the final spot? Wonder if they sat guys too.

I'm not worried about it, the '06 Canes team was shut out in the regular-season finale as well. Whatever confidence and momentum Nashville may have acquired will have fizzled out by the time the North division is done letting their non-playoff teams finish their seasons. It's very odd that they announced the Caps/Bruins game 1 but have yet to announce any other series start dates. I will not be complaining much though, it gives our guys time to heal up. A healthy and fresh Canes team should be able to beat the Preds in a 7 game series.

I'm not worried about it, the '06 Canes team was shut out in the regular-season finale as well. Whatever confidence and momentum Nashville may have acquired will have fizzled out by the time the North division is done letting their non-playoff teams finish their seasons. It's very odd that they announced the Caps/Bruins game 1 but have yet to announce any other series start dates. I will not be complaining much though, it gives our guys time to heal up. A healthy and fresh Canes team should be able to beat the Preds in a 7 game series.

Canes will beat the Predators in 5 games. Let's hope they get some time to rest before they take on Tampa in the next series. That series will probably be tougher than any team they could possibly play in the Stanley Cup final.

They have certain NBC windows this weekend they have to fill (which is why they already announced the Wash/Bos game in the post-Preakness window). There is a doubleheader on Sunday on NBC (12pm/3pm) that will have playoff games as well, would probably expect to see an announcement tomorrow about those NBC games, plus any other Sunday evening games.

The really dumb thing the NHL is doing is making the North playoff teams wait to start their series until Vancouver finishes up their remaining (meaningless) games next Wednesday, even though all 4 playoff teams from that division (and their seeds) are already set. But, then again, NHL gonna NHL......

Pretty annoying that every Bruins-Caps game is mirrored by a Preds-Canes game (with a 30 minutes or 1 hour difference). Guess I’ll watch Carolina in the second round!

Pretty annoying that capacity is restricted to the extent that it is. I'd love to go, but I'm not spending $500 for a couple of nosebleed tickets.

It would be great if our elected officials had the balls to open up PNC to full capacity and allow only vaccinated fans into the game.

Pretty annoying that capacity is restricted to the extent that it is. I'd love to go, but I'm not spending $500 for a couple of nosebleed tickets.

It would be great if our elected officials had the balls to open up PNC to full capacity and allow only vaccinated fans into the game.

Cooper being a huge Canes fan may help us out here. Not holding my breath though.

Understand that Caps have some injury questions (but so do the Bruins). Surprised that Washington is an underdog to Boston as the Caps had the better record, and they have home ice.

Understand that Caps have some injury questions (but so do the Bruins). Surprised that Washington is an underdog to Boston as the Caps had the better record, and they have home ice.

The Bruins took the season series 4-2-2 and were missing a bunch of players in the two losses (including sitting out 16 players in the season-ending 2-1 loss).

Anything can happen in the playoffs, but I fully expect Boston to win the series.

The analytics aren’t close; Boston’s top two lines are insane. The Ratatouille line has feasted on Washington, and their second line is not far behind after the Hall fleecing. If Washington has any recourse, it’s in the depth department because they can run four legitimate lines. Also, perhaps a slim edge in special teams to the Caps (both teams are great in that department). But Rask versus untested Vanecek/2x COVID list Samsonov/old man Anderson does not inspire confidence. At all.

I hope I’m wrong!

Ticket prices are much more reasonable in Smashville, FYI. Although finding gas to drive there may be a bigger issue :eek:

Back