• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

101 best pizzas in America

TownieDeac

words are futile devices
Reaction score
https://www.thedailymeal.com/101-best-pizzas-america-2019

I haven't been to Beddia, but I've been to all the others in Philly, and Pizzeria Vetri should be ranked higher than the others they have on here.

I also think it's stupid to have John's of Bleeker ahead of Prince St Pizza.

Also Mission Pizza of Winston Salem fame on this list!

Count me in. Pizza is kinda meh to me. It’s criminally overrated. I anticipate negs coming my way.

lol overrated how

it's carbs and cheese and other tasty shit what more do you want

Any list that doesn't have Domino's as #1 is FOS.

they got the top Chicago pizza right (Pequod's) but the second best (Vito & Nicks) is too low

Let's not waste any more space debating whether or not pizza is good (wtf) when it so obviously is good

They only had one DC place on there, Timber. I think Sonny's is better (though different style).

i am a little suspect of pizzas being labeled 'best' but operating as a chain restaurant

I'm strongly considering getting a backyard pizza oven next summer. Seems like a fun thing to do with the kids when they get a little older too

I'm strongly considering getting a backyard pizza oven next summer. Seems like a fun thing to do with the kids when they get a little older too

What could be more fun than a family of diabetics checking their insulin together at regular intervals ?

lol overrated how

it's carbs and cheese and other tasty shit what more do you want

ITC warned you, bro. I'm aware to someone who loves pizza that it's an indefensible position. But if I'm planning on having a meal in which I completely disregard health consequences, it ain't gonna be the za. I just don't think that pizza, even really good pizza, is all that amazing.

I've still never had #1, Frank Pepe's. I'll fix that this weekend, even though the New Havenites will tell you only their location counts.

The square pizza at Oakwood Pizza Box beats many of these, guaranteed. Toro in Durham would as well.

ETA: I say this having been to multiple places in the top 50. Regina is an example of great pizza that gets overrated because the place is really old.

Last edited:
Way to go Mission Pizza, Peyton, and that crew.

Owner is an old Wake soccer alum, if you didn't know.

Wish I still could eat pizza and get into some of that Detroit shit.

Back