• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 NBA Offseason - First Half Season Schedule Out

Official 2019-20 NBA Season Thread Opening Night on TNT

The Trey Lyles experiment should be over soon. Start Poeltl. I can argue against Murray/Forbes: Forbes was out there against Denver while Derrick White was going off and carrying the team in a playoff series and Forbes was getting bullied by Harris, Barton and Craig.

No chance that series goes 7 without White playing at an elite level in the playoffs, not against crap NY or the awful Wizards. Pop needs to find a way to play Murray and White together.

There’s a reason why White made Team USA and it sure as hell was not to come off the bench behind Bryn Forbes!

They just sort of held on vs. the not good Knicks at home, playing without Mitchell Robinson, and skate by terrible Washington at home. Forbes looked good, sure, but enigmatic Lyles cannot sustain.

So yeah, it will change, I hope.

Murray with 19/10/4 in 23 min. I don’t know how long Pop can stifle him and White.

So the Suns barely lost to the Nugs and beat the Clips. Are the Suns good?

Last edited:
Murray with 19/10/4 in 23 min. I don’t know how long Pop can stifle him and White.

So the Suns barely lost to the Nugs and beat the Clips. Are the Suns good?

Pop could be managing White's minutes early because he played in the summer with Team USA.

Lyles, I think he is trying to figure out how to use him, me thinks. And wondering if Proetl can be a very good backup center rather than just an okay starting center. If Lyles can be an okay starting center, I guess it works. So far, it hasn't.

That makes sense to a point as does managing Murray’s minutes. But not playing them together doesn’t really make sense. White could be a great 6th man who plays 25+ min.

Holy shit Warriors down 70-37 at halftime to the Thunder LOLOLOL

The Warriors bench is a bunch of G-Leaguers.

The Warriors bench is a bunch of G-Leaguers.

Honestly, I didn’t give much thought to the bench in the off-season. It’s been consistently good in different iterations for several years. I just assumed they would figure it out. But man, it’s a bunch of no names plus Looney basically. I can’t think of a worse roster built around a legit Big 3. No wily vets. No real high upside players. No aging stars. They all seem to be forced to play up a level or two.

FWIW and not to obsess over the Denver series, I was super impressed by how Poeltl played harder, tougher and better as the series went along.

In other news, while Doncic is special, Trae Young is just going off. Silly numbers. Wow.

Some more info about the Spurs rotation. Murray is on a minutes restriction coming off his injury. Good night to enjoy the League Pass preview. Sixers-Hawks at 7:30 and Blazers-Spurs at 8:30. Enjoyed watching Ja Morant's late game heroics last night. He had a game-tying shot and block of Kyrie then a game-winning assist in OT.

Two all-time great Deacs are on Pop's staff but millennial Deacs show the franchise no respect.

bro, I was a Wake fan before you and even spent some time as a Spursdonk myself, but nobody cares to read about the minutiae of the the backup 2-guard rotation on a team fighting for the 7 seed

Two all-time great Deacs are on Pop's staff but millennial Deacs show the franchise no respect.

bro, I was a Wake fan before you and even spent some time as a Spursdonk myself, but nobody cares to read about the minutiae of the the backup 2-guard rotation on a team fighting for the 7 seed

This can only be settled with a dick measuring contest. Please PM BallStateDeac for details.

Back