• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 NBA Offseason - First Half Season Schedule Out

Ben was 2-6 on FTs.

Thuybulle had a good stat line in 17 minutes - 4/6 , 2/4 on threes, 0-1 FTs, 3 reb, 2 assists, 3 steals, 2 blocks.

Fantasy players to steer clear of: Russell Westbrook, D'Angelo Russell, all the PGs in Memphis???

Looked at the Knicks box score and Mitchell Robinson is going to be a great pick for anyone that gets him in the 2nd rd or later

Fantasy players to steer clear of: Russell Westbrook, D'Angelo Russell, all the PGs in Memphis???

Looked at the Knicks box score and Mitchell Robinson is going to be a great pick for anyone that gets him in the 2nd rd or later

Who are your sleepers this time around?

Why stay clear of Russell? Steph has clearly shown other guys can get buckets playing with him.

Why stay clear of Russell? Steph has clearly shown other guys can get buckets playing with him.

I fear that if he goes thru a week or two of poor shooting %, Green and to some degree, the GS staff will reign in his shot selection. His shot selection always looks poor IMO. He was amazing last year and I honestly did not watch a lot of Brooklyn ball until they made the playoffs, but a lot of his made baskets look like, 'Oh No' shots.

I'm not saying don't draft him - I'm saying push him down a round on your board.

Who are your sleepers this time around?

I would have different levels of sleepers, but guys I like more than most would probably be:

1. Chris Paul - I think he is going to be a top 15 player stat wise and available at 25-30 potentially
2. Mitch Robinson - I think he could most likely win you blocks single-handedly the way Ben Wallace did that first year when he emerged out of (sort 0f) nowhere. Maybe a recent comparison would be Hassan Whiteside, though I don't think anybody is expecting Robinson to be double digit rebounder
3. Brogdon and Lauri Markkanen - not big surprises, I just probably value them a round or two ahead of most
4. Lonzo Ball - I have no interest in the noise, but if he is healthy he provides great value in later rds I think
5. Shai Gilgeo-Alexander and Delon Wright - same thing, though I am careful drafting Mavs back court outside Luka for fear nobody will get enough consistent minutes to be worth it
6. I'll watch Charlotte preseason production to see if I can figure out who will score minutes - this is much like trying to figure out the Bulls two years ago. Someone has to take shots and get rebounds.
7. Cedi Osman - I feel like I am guaranteed this guy every year now. Fantasy drafters watched him jump off the bench cheering Lebron that whole last year in Cleveland and just assume he's a bench warmer. He is almost the last guy anybody "wants" to draft, but offers sneaky good production in the late rounds - double digit scorer, 3s, good shooting %, will he get as many minutes now though?

Guys I can't draft - Tristan Thompson in Cleveland, the one who dated or married a reality TV star who I wouldn't recognize on the street because I can't stand reality TV - he gets hurt, he looks pouty, he can't shoot FTs. There is nothing to like here for fantasy. He doesn't give you enough boards to justify the suckass FT%. Add to that he is unikeable Also, Javelle McGee for similar reasons. There are positions for a handful of teams that it is just hard to figure out who is going to get the minutes, and even if you think you've figured that out (e.g., PF for the Knicks), it is probable that the minutes distribution will be totally different 30 games and 60 games into the season.

Guys you would think I'll draft and probably won't - Danny Green (love him), George Hill (love him), any guard on the Spurs (like them all, who gets minutes?)

Last edited:
just wanna chime in and say I love George Hill too

one of my favorite role players of the last decade

I'll also add to that list Zhaire Smith. I might not be interested in drafting him until the 13 rd - I haven't done my draft prep yet, but assuming he earns 20 or so minutes per game, he is one I am looking at in preseason ...

BTW, Chris Paul totally changed his body and has slimmed down quite a lot in the off season. Honestly, about time, but another reason to like him strictly as a fantasy player.

Interestingly, one of the reasons he changed his body as he became an investor in a you can't believe it is not meat product and promotes it as well. Can't remember which one.

I'll also add to that list Zhaire Smith. I might not be interested in drafting him until the 13 rd - I haven't done my draft prep yet, but assuming he earns 20 or so minutes per game, he is one I am looking at in preseason ...

Your boy Thuybelle may be a better choice at that point.

I don't see him getting 20 min a game. Matisse is going to be the more ready guy this year. Blocks and steals for days.

BIG SHOT ROB is the greatest roll player of all time. I say this not as hyperbole, but as a VERY FIABLE fact. This alone is worthy the Hall of Fame. On the basketball court, BIG SHOT ROB directly contributed to team success year after year. He was not merely a "good" role player or a "serviceable" one just happy to be on a roster. He was "the best".

If that does not define Hall of Famer, I do not know what should.

Did you know that BIG SHOT ROB was the first player to records 100 steals, 100 blocks and 100 made 3-pointers in the same season? It is true. The Spurs have won nothing value since the decision to not play BIG SHOT ROB in a playoff game. The moral? Do not bench BIG SHOT ROB.

To those who claim that BIG SHOT ROB is not good enough to be Hall of Famer, I can only offer one simple retort:

KISS THE RINGS...

Your boy Thuybelle may be a better choice at that point.

Not so sure. I think they throw him a lot of minutes in the pre-season and then cut him way back in the regular season. I could see him on weeks long stretches with DNPs. I like the pick, but my limited understanding is that he's got to be a better shooter and revamp his defensive skills - remember he was mostly at the top of the 3-pt line in a zone when he was getting all those steals and earning Defensive POY awards.

Not so sure. I think they throw him a lot of minutes in the pre-season and then cut him way back in the regular season. I could see him on weeks long stretches with DNPs. I like the pick, but my limited understanding is that he's got to be a better shooter and revamp his defensive skills - remember he was mostly at the top of the 3-pt line in a zone when he was getting all those steals and earning Defensive POY awards.

That's not at all the read I get from the coaches. They're raving about his defense. Zhaire still very much needs to work on his game by comparison. Matisse is getting good shots and getting to the rim as well.

Back