• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 NBA Offseason - First Half Season Schedule Out

Siakam gets a max deal. Good move by the Raptors. He's going to be fantastic this year.

Thinking about doing a NBA Playoff Prediction Contest. Simple rules. List the 8 teams each from the East and West in order of seeding. One point for each team you get right. One extra point for getting the seeding right. Any interest?

Yes. Good idea.

I know everybody is picking the Hawks for 30 or fewer wins, but I do think they will be fighting for the 7th and 8th seed into the last few weeks of the season.

They have a good to great organization these days. Everyone seems to be on the same page. I am not sure how many wins it will take to make the playoffs in the East. Traditionally, it is like 37 due to heavy losses to Western Conference teams, but this year, the Eastern good teams are going to get so many games vs. Cleveland, Charlotte, and Washington, it may end up being 40+ wins to make the playoffs. Dunno.

Not sure if this has been discussed, but James Johnson has not been with Miami all pre-season due to conditioning issues ...

https://www.hothothoops.com/2019/10/1/20894275/miami-heat-james-johnson-conditioning-training-camp

I think he was added back to the roster in the last few days, but has not played a minute in the pre-season. Seems to be healthy, the Heat were just pissed he wasn't in great shape.

Historically, James Johnson has been a quality player, a top 8 player on good teams IF he's in elite shape. Last year, due to a groin injury that required surgery, it seemed understandable he wasn't in great shape. The previous two years, he was (and was a solid top 100 fantasy player with steals, blocks, assists, and decent points and boards). Some of the years before that in Toronto, he was not.

Last edited:
Would never have guessed JJ and Teague wouldn’t live up to their contracts once they got paid

Celtics sign Jaylen Brown to a 4 year $115 million deal...

Pacers sign Domas Sabonis to a 4 year $79 million deal...

NBA teams can throw around the cash.

Dejounte Murray 4 years/$64M and Pop is making him share PG duties with Derrick White.

Zion out for 6-8 weeks. Already seeing Greg Oden comps.

Dejounte Murray 4 years/$64M and Pop is making him share PG duties with Derrick White.

Zion out for 6-8 weeks. Already seeing Greg Oden comps.

And Ish is only getting a total of $12 million guaranteed for two years with Wizards. He'll be starting, at least initially.

Here's a shocker...Harry Giles is injured...

Next year, the Wiz have $70M due to Wall and Beal. In 23, they will owe that pair $84.6M.

Any interest in the prediction contest above? If people want to do it, we can have it open through Oct 31.

Pels vs. Raptors and Lakers vs. Clippers tonight.

Kerr said Klay is likely out for the season.

Any interest in the prediction contest above? If people want to do it, we can have it open through Oct 31.

Pels vs. Raptors and Lakers vs. Clippers tonight.

Kerr said Klay is likely out for the season.

I am still in.

Klay officially out for the year.

Dubs miss playoffs and win lottery. :)

Link to early projection for the 2020 NBA draft: https://watchstadium.com/news/jeff-goodmans-2020-nba-mock-draft-1-0-big-name-freshmen-top-the-class-10-21-2019/

Penny Hardaway is coaching the projected overall #1 7-1 Center James Wiseman, who can run the floor.

Washington Huskies have two projected lottery picks. Doesn't look like the basketball scandals had any impact on Arizona's or LSU's recruiting. :wtf:

The Wizards have the most undtradable contract in the NBA in John Wall's. Why would they use the #2 pick to take Cole Anthony? Of course, that's why bad teams stay bad.

The tapes I've seen on Wiseman are just crazy. He looks a bit like a new age David Robinson to me.

The Wizards have the most undtradable contract in the NBA in John Wall's. Why would they use the #2 pick to take Cole Anthony? Of course, that's why bad teams stay bad.

I doubt a mock draft looking ahead 8 months is attempting to assess team need

It should address that. There's no chance the Wiz will take a PG.

What's kinda odd in this era of pure offense is that three of the Top 4 four teams could elite (and possibly legendary) defenses with the fourth (Bucks being very good). The Sixers, Clips and Lakers could be among the best defensive teams in the past quarter century.

It could be argued that Kawhi/PG/Beverly is the best 1/2/3 D in history. The Bulls only played Ron Harper 20-24 mpg and he was over the hill at that point.

Back