• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 NBA Offseason - First Half Season Schedule Out

Obviously it’s early but...

The West has been pretty disappointing the first quarter of the season after the top few. Mavs are obviously a pleasant surprise but pretty disappointing start from Rockets, Jazz, Blazers, Suns, anyone else who felt they had a shot at the playoffs but is outside the top 8. There have been a lot more pleasant surprises in the East. Miami especially but I know I thought Toronto would fall way off without Kawhi and that Boston would fall to 5th or 6th (still very possible).

What surprises you the most this year? Wizards offense maybe? Doncic?

I have watched very little NBA this year, but at the top, I did not expect the Lakers to be this dominant this early and I expected the Bucks to come back down to regular season earth a bit more

Not sure how the Suns are a disappointment. They've won 21-23 games the last three seasons and are currently 9-10, 8th in the west and 13th in net efficiency. Preseason O/U of 29 wins.

The West has been pretty disappointing the first quarter of the season after the top few. Mavs are obviously a pleasant surprise but pretty disappointing start from Rockets, Jazz, Blazers, Suns, anyone else who felt they had a shot at the playoffs but is outside the top 8. There have been a lot more pleasant surprises in the East. Miami especially but I know I thought Toronto would fall way off without Kawhi and that Boston would fall to 5th or 6th (still very possible).

How are the Suns at all disappointing? They won 19 games all of last year and have been without their leading rebounder and 16 ppg scorer.

I have watched very little NBA this year, but at the top, I did not expect the Lakers to be this dominant this early and I expected the Bucks to come back down to regular season earth a bit more

You still have to win the games, but the 12 wins in a row for the Bucks have been against mostly bad teams. Thunder, Bulls twice, Pacers, Hawks twice, Trailblazer, Pistons, Cavs, Hornets, Jazz and Knicks.

On uniform related note, the Bucks new Cream City uniforms are awesome.

Subs are regressing to the mean after a great start. I guess Vegas only had them with 28.5 total this year, but I thought they made great moves and looked ready for a push. They’re probably on track or ahead of expectations, y’all right

The Lakers' start has been excellent, but don't get overwhelmed by it as they have played a weak schedule.

Not sure where to put this, but just heard that the Boston teams currently playing (Celtics, Pats and Bruins) have yet to lose a home game this year: 24-0-4.

I hate (IOW, am jealous of) all Boston teams.

How are the Warriors this bad? I get that they are tanking the season to get a top pick and win the championship next season with the full roster, but they still roll out a lineup with DeAngelo Russell, Draymond, and some decent role players. Russell alone should net a better than a 4-19 record.

Russell has only played in 11 of the 23 games this year, and in those 11 games he's posted a +/- of -109.

I think Toronto and Miami have to be some of the biggest surprises. And I thought the Mavs and Doncic would be good, but not this good.

The biggest disappointments (outside of the injury plagued Warriors) so far would be:

- Portland 9-13
- Spurs 8-14
- Pels 6-15 (with the injury caveat)
- Bulls 8-14
- Hawks 5-17

Guess the Nets have been disappointing at 11-10, but the Kyrie issues (winning record without; losing record with him) were predictable.

Outside of the LA, not a lot of juice to the season so far (TV ratings are tanking: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/why-nba-tv-ratings-are-down-193945975.html) as its early December, and its seems like everyone is already just waiting for the playoffs.

Seems like a lot of that has come down to scheduling and weird TV choices. ESPN televised both sides of a Philly back to back earlier this year and then NBA TV had the Sixers-Raptors game that was much better.

Why are the Hawks disappointing? They don't have JC, nor do they have much talent.

Random thought. There's not a single white American NBA player in the top 50. All of the top white players are European. Who's the best American? Maybe Redick? Is he even top 100?

Random thought. There's not a single white American NBA player in the top 50. All of the top white players are European. Who's the best American? Maybe Redick? Is he even top 100?

Gordon Hayward or Kevin Love. Pretty sad.

yeah, pickins are pretty slim

Luke Kennard is the highest in minutes played at #26

Back