• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 NBA Offseason - First Half Season Schedule Out

Jabari Parker has 18 pts in 18 min for the Hawks.

Trae Young had 38 points on 6/10 from 3 tonight. I think he had something like 26 at the half

I’m feeling pretty good about this Hawks team. Should be fun at the very least.

Ayton suspended 25 games for failed drug test. It's possible that the length will be arbitrated.

Official 2019-20 NBA Season Thread Opening Night on TNT

Collins with his patented 18 and 10.

Looks like Fernando had quality minutes. Reddish started and had 1 point while Huerter had 0 from the bench. Hunter with 14.

Couldn’t watch but the box score looks good.

Last edited:
So the Clips started out the Warriors' first regular season game in their new stadium with a 16-0 run, then D'Angelo went on his own 10-0 run. Wow.

Collins with his patented 18 and 10.

Looks like Fernando had quality minutes. Reddish started and had 1 point while Huerter had 0 from the bench. Hunter with 14.

Couldn’t watch but the box score looks good.

I’m pretty sure Huerter is on an injury related minutes restriction to start the year, which is why Reddish started.

I’m pretty sure Huerter is on an injury related minutes restriction to start the year, which is why Reddish started.

Reddish started because Huerter, the starting SG, has a hurt knee.

Also: SPURS. What the hell with Derrick White? Dude was next level going off in the playoffs (clearly better than anything Bryn Forbes or yes, Mr. Dejunta Murray can do) and now...he is a 6th man? 7th man (Gay)???

The SPURS do have a solid bench now.

Also 2: Hornets --- interesting. Young guns much better than the tired MKG/Marvin stuff we've seen for years.

Reddish started because Huerter, the starting SG, has a hurt knee.

Also: SPURS. What the hell with Derrick White? Dude was next level going off in the playoffs (clearly better than anything Bryn Forbes or yes, Mr. Dejunta Murray can do) and now...he is a 6th man? 7th man (Gay)???

The SPURS do have a solid bench now.

Also 2: Hornets --- interesting. Young guns much better than the tired MKG/Marvin stuff we've seen for years.

Murray went 18/7/6 w 3 steals in under 30 minutes. Right now, pop doesn't want white and murray together. That will change. Pop tinkers. See Lyles as the starting center.

Hard to argue against starting Murray and Forbes. Been talking up Forbes here for awhile. Looks like he's making a leap. But White should be the 6th man playing with Murray. That's a nice guard rotation along with Walker going forward. The future looks bright if they can get let DeRozan go, develop their young players, and find a 3 and D or volume scorer at SF. I don't think playing DeRozan at the 3 is an answer.

Vince Carter first player to play in 22 seasons

spent more of his life in the NBA than out

pretty short list of dudes for whom that is true at retirement, and even shorter list among guys that played in college

Last edited:
Vince Carter first player to play in 22 seasons

spent more of his life in the NBA than out

pretty short list of dudes for whom that is true at retirement, and even shorter list among guys that played in college
That is impressive longevity. He was not somebody I would have expected to play this long in the NBA. GOOD NBA career? Absolutely. Record length territory? Not expected.

Sorta like the odds on Ish playing 10 NBA seasons.

Yeah. You don’t expect arguably the greatest dunker of all time to play 22 seasons.

In all those years, Carter only made two All star Games. I would have thought it was more.

Murray went 18/7/6 w 3 steals in under 30 minutes. Right now, pop doesn't want white and murray together. That will change. Pop tinkers. See Lyles as the starting center.

The Trey Lyles experiment should be over soon. Start Poeltl. I can argue against Murray/Forbes: Forbes was out there against Denver while Derrick White was going off and carrying the team in a playoff series and Forbes was getting bullied by Harris, Barton and Craig.

No chance that series goes 7 without White playing at an elite level in the playoffs, not against crap NY or the awful Wizards. Pop needs to find a way to play Murray and White together.

There’s a reason why White made Team USA and it sure as hell was not to come off the bench behind Bryn Forbes!

They just sort of held on vs. the not good Knicks at home, playing without Mitchell Robinson, and skate by terrible Washington at home. Forbes looked good, sure, but enigmatic Lyles cannot sustain.

So yeah, it will change, I hope.

22 seasons and zero rings, I bet that is a record for major sports.

edit: some quick googling reveals that Ken Griffey Jr. played 22 seasons and never even played in a world series game, much less won one

Last edited:
Back