• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 NBA Offseason - First Half Season Schedule Out

Game 7 of 2016 finals on ESPN rn. I think the Warriors are going to blow a 3-1 lead.

That's funny. Scott Brooks was a journeyman PG like Ish. I can't imagine Ish challenging anybody to a FT shooting contest much less a former NBA player who was a great FT shooter (career 85%).

That's funny. Scott Brooks was a journeyman PG like Ish. I can't imagine Ish challenging anybody to a FT shooting contest much less a former NBA player who was a great FT shooter (career 85%).

was Scott Brooks good enough in college to have played point guard in the ACC?

was Scott Brooks good enough in college to have played point guard in the ACC?

Brooks wasn't good enough to be recruited by ACC schools. His college career started at TCU, and he barely played. Transferred to UC-Irvine, because it was close to home and because they were among the few schools even interested. He blossomed as a senior at UCI when he averaged 24 ppg and 4 rpg shooting 43% from 3 and 85% from the line. So, yes, by the time he as a college senior he could've played in ACC. Ish probably has had the better pro career, but Brooks played 10 years in the NBA, pretty much every year he was the backup PG.

Brooks wasn't good enough to be recruited by ACC schools. His college career started at TCU, and he barely played. Transferred to UC-Irvine, because it was close to home and because they were among the few schools even interested. He blossomed as a senior at UCI when he averaged 24 ppg and 4 rpg shooting 43% from 3 and 85% from the line. So, yes, by the time he as a college senior he could've played in ACC. Ish probably has had the better pro career, but Brooks played 10 years in the NBA, pretty much every year he was the backup PG.
All in all, not too bad for a horny toad that turned into an Anteater.

so neither Brooks nor Ish were ACC-caliber point guards then

giphy.gif

You can't hire bball staff in this here coronAmerica during a pandemic.

Back