• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 NBA Offseason - First Half Season Schedule Out

Y’all aren’t kidding about Thybulle. He’s a fantastic defender. Really fun to watch. Looks like they really want him to shoot from deep. He’s 1-3 from deep in only a few minutes off the bench. Without a jumper, it will be tough to play him with Simmons.

I’m fully prepared to admit I was wrong about Trae Young. Didn’t think he’d be this good. I’d still rather have Doncic, but it’s a lot closer than I thought it would ever be.

Yeah. But it also netted them the extra pick needed to get Hunter. Hard to get the better of trading a sure future all-star but it looks like they did it.

I’ll just leave this here...

makes Draymond, er, JC look tiny

impressive work to get the tip-in to tie it up though

Last edited:
Tough loss for the Hawks tonight. Very promising showing. Lots of quality production from the young guys. Didn't expect what I saw from Fernando. They've got quality depth.

Dame with 18 straight in the 4th tonight but missed three potential game-tying shots in the last possession.

Last edited:
The NBA needs to adopt the Montrezl Mynezl Harrezl rule, whereby if a player flexes for the camera after scoring in the post on offense to emphasize his alleged strength, but then in the same game flops like a bitch on defense in an attempt to draw a charge on a guard 50+ lbs lighter than him, then he is automatically ejected.

Will the rise of the Hawks donks negatively impact the donktitudeTM of Spurs fans around here?

Is it a zero-sum donk game? Or is there more than enough donkiness to go around?

Will be interesting to see it all play out this season...

(FWIW, I'm enjoying the Hawks on my free trial of NBA League Pass... So I fall into this category, as well)

The NBA needs to adopt the Montrezl Mynezl Harrezl rule, whereby if a player flexes for the camera after scoring in the post on offense to emphasize his alleged strength, but then in the same game flops like a bitch on defense in an attempt to draw a charge on a guard 50+ lbs lighter than him, then he is automatically ejected.

I see the Hornets got smoked by the Clippers last night

Will the rise of the Hawks donks negatively impact the donktitudeTM of Spurs fans around here?

Is it a zero-sum donk game? Or is there more than enough donkiness to go around?

Will be interesting to see it all play out this season...

(FWIW, I'm enjoying the Hawks on my free trial of NBA League Pass... So I fall into this category, as well)

IMHO, donkishness is not finite. So there should be room for both Spurs donks and Hawks donks in the world, and on here. Go for it!

If Trae Young has more games like last night, there won't be too many Hawks donks. He did 25/9, but shot 7/20 and had 7 TOs.

I said before the start of the season I expected the Hawks to be better than pundits are predicting and competing for the 7th or 8th playoff spot this year. That is pretty bullish, but I think Hunter is NBA ready this year which helps a lot. When Hueter gets healthier and can eat more minutes, they are going to be a little bit better. As PHDeac said, Fernando has been a bit of a revelation early. He is bouncier than I expected. I think I expected any player named Bruno to be a lane eater, especially one penciled in as the backup center.

I'm really excited about this Hawks team. Hunter is a stud. Hopefully Cam will start knocking down shots. Hawks can be patient with him as Huerter works his way back into the lineup. I'm pleasantly surprised by Bruno as well. We need to take fouls away from HC - he still has a penchant for fouling too much. Should be a fun season.

Bruno is very productive. He's played 39 minutes and has 22 pts on 62.5% FG and 2-4 from deep along with 14 reb and 6 assists (2 in each game). That's incredible from in the first three games of a 2nd round big. A few months ago, it wasn't clear he would see the floor. Now he's an important rotation guy.

Before the season, I was pretty sure JC would be a 20/10 guy. Now I'm not sure he'll have to. Len and Bruno can handle minutes at C, so they don't have to go small that often. Parker is shooting very well as the backup PF.

I definitely think they'll be better once Huerter can play big minutes. Reddish should be a fine backup, but he's not a quality starter yet even on a team not expected to make the playoffs.

If Trae Young has more games like last night, there won't be too many Hawks donks. He did 25/9, but shot 7/20 and had 7 TOs.

Where were you after the first two games when he went:
38/9/7 on 11/21 (6/10 from 3) in a win
39/9/7 on 16/25 (5/10 from 3) in a win

I realize he turns the ball over and you think he plays zero defense and can't shoot, but he's playing pretty well.

Back