• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 NBA Offseason - First Half Season Schedule Out

Regular season games are of little consequence to top teams. When it counts, I'll take Kawhi.

JAY, he hasn't played that many games with the Clips yet and even fewer with the full team. He's trying to figure this out. Remember, he was simply plugged into a team in Toronto that had been playing together for years. The Clips aren't the same.

Talk about small sample size. One game does show everything.

But anyone who doesn't think Kawhi is beyond an elite defender doesn't know anything about the game. There isn't a GM or coach in the NBA that would take your position about Kawhi's D.

My position is that he's a top 5 defender in the league. Can you read?

here's ben playing better defense on kawhi than kawhi played on ben all night

My position is that he's a top 5 defender in the league. Can you read?

Show me an unedited post by you where you state this.

Conversely, you do show "stats" that "prove" him not to be as you do here:

"Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
counting stats show he's 13th in steals, 89th in blocks

advanced stats say 18th in DWS, 24th in DBPM"

Exactly how do those numbers illustrate a Top 5 defender? You chose to use those numbers.

I just don't think he's defensive player of the year. Doesn't have the stats.

That's AFTER you talked him down...You basically posted numbers to show he sucked and used one game to buttress it.

That is a textbook example of intellectual dishonesty.

Those "stats" are totally FOS and don't show what someone is doing. ANY stat that shows James Harden as being being a more valuable defender (DWS) thank Kawhi is moronic. I would think you'd understand this.

Seriously, in what world could a legitimate formula ever postulate that James Harden is a more valuable defender than Kawhi?

If you watch closely, Kawhi's defense is getting weaker and weaker. He's ferocious. When he wants to be. Sometimes he doesn't want to be. Also, he trusts his teammates less than he has in previous stops. He ends up over-protecting guys (Harrell, Lou Williams) he thinks are going to fuck up. Sometimes they don't fuck up and he's in bad positions as a result.

he's following the Lebron model of picking his spots in light of his increased offensive load the last few years

edit: deac29 already said it

I don't think he's DPOY either, he'll just finish just better than Simmons.

Isn't Philly's whole problem that the have nights where they lock in (and they apear to always lock in at home), and nights where they look like they couldn't give a shit? Or is Ben excluded from that?

DPOY is a big man award kinda like NFL MVP is a QB award

Kawhi is the only non-big to win it since Jaybone's dude Gary Payton in 96

Last edited:
No Giannis tonight -- even though the Bucks are undefeated without him, I would put money on the Pacers tonight +1.5. They need to stop the bleeding and the Bucks are due for a bad performance sans Giannis. (Note: I usually lose these bets).

I don't think he's DPOY either, he'll just finish just better than Simmons.

Isn't Philly's whole problem that the have nights where they lock in (and they apear to always lock in at home), and nights where they look like they couldn't give a shit? Or is Ben excluded from that?

It is definitely a big part of their problem, but really it’s the home/road split. Fortunately of the 27 games they have after the break only 9 of them are against teams with a winning record. They too seem to be just waiting til playoffs.

As for whether Ben is immune from taking games off, his numbers are pretty good even if the team’s numbers aren’t.

EQjJB7SWsAAnLVW

This is one of those "You have 15 points to pick the best team" things but these point values are absurd. I honestly think the 3 pt row would wash any other row.

G- Jordan 5
G- West 1
C- Wilt 3
F- Lebron 5
F- Durant 1

If it was just using 15 points, I'd take the 3 point row, drop Carter and pick up West, Stockton and Gervin. I'd go seven deep.

I'll take the second column, swapping Nowitski for Russell (I presume that is Bill Russell, not Cazzie)

Back