• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 NBA Offseason - First Half Season Schedule Out

Lol

Think he’s also a palma #tooathletic guy

Also have to think vad has a take

Proud of MY SPURS for winning the two games against the Kings and Griz they needed to win to stay in contention.

Mad that it took an injury to finally start Dejounte and White and play them 30+ minutes.

LOL at Mark Jackson giving Kidd credit for where the Bucks are right now. I’m sure Doug Collins agrees as well.

I've been thinking about what elements of the restart could carry over into a "normal" NBA season. The main thing would be the break. I think the league could benefit from a longer All-Star break. The best players barely even get a break at all. A longer break would build in more rest before the stretch run going into the playoffs. I'd like to see the season start Thanksgiving weekend. Build in divisional breaks, basically bye weeks from late Jan to early March, during which each team in a division is off 5 days. Then have the All-Star break run from the Thursday of the Sweet Sixteen through the Thursday after the Final Four. All-Star weekend serves as a welcome back to the NBA that second weekend of April.

I'm fine if this schedule trims the games from 82 to 74 or so. Few players play all 82 anyway. This would help address the load management issue.

The NBA is headed for toast status, done in by the self-inflicted greed of China apologetics and the attendant, and by now all pervasive, political hypocracy. Too bad. It used to be great.

When the NBA was great, Sailor edition:

50team.jpeg

for someone who talks a lot about hypocrisy, sailor never can spell it

Seems like all those 1950 Lakers were around the same height.

Props to the NBA for figuring out jerseys could fit a slogan and name.

Official 2019-20 NBA Thread: Restart Exhibitions games today

I haven’t been paying 100% attention but this game has been tied or within one about 90% of the time. Both sides seem to be executing well. Nugs up 1 with 6 sec left.

Is it too early to predict this will be the most competitive playoffs ever?

CP on the line for 2 FTs. Missed the first like he did in the 3OT game in Chapel Hill. Going to OT.

They really should give out All-Disney teams to guys like Warren, Porter Jr, and VanVleet.

I've never wished for a small fire pit to hell to open and swallow those above it more than seeing JJ Redick v Greyson Allen.

I've never wished for a small fire pit to hell to open and swallow those above it more than seeing JJ Redick v Greyson Allen.

Agree on Allen. He is prime asshole. He deserves his own special hell for trying to injure other players.9

Reddick not so much. He was just annoying because he is an energizer bunny and they set thousands of screens to get him open.

Hell of a game winner by Shake Milton vs. the Spurs.

Things are setting up schedule and ratings wise for Zion to make the playoffs (which is what we ALL want of course):

Pels - easy final 5, other than Spurs; they have to play Orlando, but John Isaac is done, so Pels should win.

Spurs - challenging final 5; impressive run thus far without LMA, and goofy that they finally decide to start Murray and White - White is making 3's too.

Portland - very challenging final 5 or 6.

Memphis - very challenging.

In the bubble, anything can happen, but I think Zion will make it.

I will say the quality of ball, competitiveness, summer tournament feel...has made this a lot of fun, and the fun of watching good basketball SHOULD override stupid ass Duke/ESPN/Zion BS. I love the fans, too, that's terrific.

Back