• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 NBA Offseason - First Half Season Schedule Out

Jokic-Murray is a unique combo

Nugs could be a problem for the Clipse -- they're pretty deep

problem is they don't play high-level defense

That was a hell of a game. Nice late battle between Murray and Mitchell.

Official 2019-20 NBA Thread: All Day NBA Playoffs First Round (contest - post #2232)

Jokic-Murray is a unique combo

Nugs could be a problem for the Clipse -- they're pretty deep

problem is they don't play high-level defense

Yeah. I think they'd struggle against playoff Kawhi and PG. I like the Nugs in this series due to their depth. I don't know if Jokic and Gobert can go at each other at a high level every other day for seven games. Mitchell has to stay hot for the Jazz to win. Murray doesn't. Depth is key. They said early that Conley only has to do a 4-day quarantine for some reason so he'll be back for Game 3 or 4.

Murray had 31 of the last 36 points for the Nugs. Good lord. If Jokic and Porter can start and Murray can finish, that’s a good set up.

Last edited:
Question for anybody else out there with YouTubeTV? Are NBA games several seconds behind for you? It's disappointing to watch a whole game that's tied with 10 seconds to go and I get an alert saying it went into overtime before the last shot goes up.

It’s the downside of streaming sports. You will always be behind cable providers and 10-30 seconds behind a game someone is watching over an antenna.

lack of homecourt advantage is really apparent rn. clippers would be getting a huge push from the crowd to turn it around if this were a playoff game in LA

lack of homecourt advantage is really apparent rn. clippers would be getting a huge push from the crowd to turn it around if this were a playoff game in LA

Tag: Clips miss palma

Fuck the NBA and their playoff refs

weakest playoff ejection...

That was horrible. During Celtics-Sixers, they were talking about how a short shoving match between Embiid and Smart would have barely registered in the 90s. Steve Jervey agreed. That minor scruffle with Porzingus would have even gotten a mention in the 90s. That was ridiculously weak.

is there any data confirming no HCA in the bubble?

weird. there has been a HCA in the bubble, albeit slightly subdued

http://insider.espn.com/nba/insider...a-upsets-which-top-playoff-seeds-fall-round-1 ($)

Remarkably, "home" teams in seeding games went 49-39 (.557) with an average margin of victory of 1.6 points per 48 minutes -- not dramatically down from the home-court advantage of 2.2 points per 48 minutes in games played at home arenas this season.

travel and rest are controls here, so is it just statistical noise or is it as simple as putting the logos on the court and giving HC announcer cues/fake fan noise enough to produce a slight advantage. i do remember reading before the shutdown that this was the weakest HCA season ever, probably because of NBA style of play changes, so that 2.2 was usually around 4 points or so historically

I think there was a good read a few years ago about how changes in travel, players not going out as much on the road, and just treating the game like business have helped erode home court advantage. The truth may be there's not really a home court advantage anymore.

Bucks down 10 at half. IIRC, Orlando won their playoff opener last year against the Raptors, and then the Raptors went on to win it all.

Bucks down 10 at half. IIRC, Orlando won their playoff opener last year against the Raptors, and then the Raptors went on to win it all.

That's correct. Vucevic gets almost no hype for being a one-time All-Star and prototype modern big.

Also, Markelle Fultz has started to emerge from verging being near the top of the list of the biggest busts in NBA draft history to at least a functional NBA starter. A little more than a year ago, it looked like Fultz could be on his way out of the league. Now, it appears that Fultz will at least have a decent NBA career. BTW, with just under 7 minutes left the Magic have missed 39 shots and have 3 offensive rebounds.... and are winning by 11.

with just under 7 minutes left the Magic have missed 39 shots and have 3 offensive rebounds.... and are winning by 11.

thats an amazing stat

Bucks have looked awful

Official 2019-20 NBA Thread: All Day NBA Playoffs First Round (contest - post #2232)

I mentioned my issues with Bucks last week or so. Doesn’t look like they’ve fixed it. I like teams with great players and quality depth. That’s why I like the Clips or Nugs to come out of the West over the Blazers and Raptors or Celtics over probably a weak Bucks team. I don’t like the Heat or Pacers that much either.

The 2/3 in both conferences are stronger than the 1/4/5 right now. There aren’t really good choices. I think the Blazers have more gas in the tank and their scoring will come through.

Back