• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 NBA Offseason - First Half Season Schedule Out

Granted I picked the Clips to win it all, but they don’t look good. Kawhi willed them to victory last night (as he should). But the Mavs have looked like the better team for good portions of the series. I wonder if some part of Kawhi wishes he was still in Toronto at this point

How much money did Kawhi give up to get to LA? Toronto was a necessary evil for him to get home. He is wired completely differently than most star athletes.

Also, f u uncle. Still a little salty.

I’m over it at this point. I’m more disappointed in a front office that didn’t manage their star and hasn’t drafted an All-Star and kept him since Tony Parker.

So when do they shift from Trust the Process to *checks thesaurus* Trust the Operation?

The Process was ended when the league forced the Colangelos into the Sixers organization and then the stockpiled picks were squandered. Two high first round picks turned into a second via Markelle Fultz highlights this.

Official 2019-20 NBA Thread:playoffs (1st Round contest due Wed at noon - post #2232)

LOL. Haven’t the Sixers had 3 All-Stars most of the years they’ve tried to win?

I’m over it at this point. I’m more disappointed in a front office that didn’t manage their star and hasn’t drafted an All-Star and kept him since Tony Parker.

don't disagree. Just a little salty about what might have been.

don't disagree. Just a little salty about what might have been.

Nowadays I’m more salty about Boban providing quality bench minutes for the Mavs on a modest contract and Bertāns getting the green light and averaging 15 off the bench for the Wiz. Boban just happens. He left for a good contract that didn’t work out. But losing Bertāns was a front office fail. I really hope they don’t resign DeRozan or Aldridge and draft a big wing who can play both forward spots. And play now, not in a few years. Now.

impressed with philly's fight here. wouldve been even easier than usual to do the rollover let's go on vacation game when you're stuck in a bubble

Agree with all of that. I sort of like Aldridge for some weird old school reason ut that price tag is far better spent elsewhere.

Bertans was a huge loss and then Morris backed out on his commitment. That sucked. Maybe watching the young guys play pretty well together pushes pop to continue that and rework the roster a bit.

The mock drafts seem to be saying Patrick Williams from FSU. He fits the bill as a big wing (6-8, 225), but he'd be a developmental pick. I don't really remember him probably because he didn't start. He had 6 and 2 vs. us in 22 minutes.

Oh man. Tobias Harris isn't moving. He fell hard on his shoulder and/or head.

once pop is gone and san antonio turns back into a mediocre mid-market team it will be okay for you spurs donks to abandon ship

Entirely possible I suppose but it's been a pretty great ride. At this point I probably won't switch teams though.

And we've reached the point in a sweep where the commentators try to save the head coach's job.

The Zoom brooms from the Celtics fans are hilarious.

once pop is gone and san antonio turns back into a mediocre mid-market team it will be okay for you spurs donks to abandon ship

LOL. The whole reason I wanted Timmy to join the Spurs was because they weren't some medicore mid-market team.

The Spurs are the winningest franchise in NBA history (.618) by a sizable margin over the Lakers (.595). That's the equivalent of a 3 game lead over an 82 game season. The 24 years of Duncan and post-Duncan are .705. Obviously that's amazing. But even 21 years in the NBA before Duncan, the Spurs were .542. That's good enough to be the 4th winningest franchise of all time between the Thunder/Sonics and Jazz.

The Spurs have never been a mediocre mid-market franchise. This is only the 5th time the Spurs have missed the playoffs, never twice in a row. They've had four seasons with under 35 wins. The season before drafting Robinson, the two seasons waiting for Robinson to serve his Navy commitment, and the season before drafting Duncan when Robinson was injured.

Last edited:
If I’m a spurs donk, I don’t feel very confident about their chances of making a conference finals in the next 15 years

Back