• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 NBA Offseason - First Half Season Schedule Out

It's not like Spo has always been a great coach. Pat Riley mentored him and then hired him and Spo eventually became a great coach. It's hard to duplicate that. How many people have an NBA career, then become an all-time great NBA coach, then become an all-time great NBA GM who mentors a future all-time great NBA coach?

Pat Riley had a crazy idea to add a Jimmy Butler to his young roster even though there's been no indication that Jimmy Butler could be the best player on a championship team.

pat riley fell in love with butler bc he cussed out all his teammates in minny bc he thought they were soft as shit. culture fit.

Celtics are so soft and unsure of themselves in crunch time.

Heat are a bunch of emotionless, cold-blooded assassins, led by the coldest motherfucker in the league.

Ugh, that 2nd half was gross.

Maybe a reflection of their coaches

pat riley fell in love with butler bc he cussed out all his teammates in minny bc he thought they were soft as shit. culture fit.

I mean, I fell in love with Butler then too. I never really thought much about him one way or the other before that. And now Butler loves his teammates and lets them do whatever they need to do.

Spo and Stevens seem cut from the same cloth. And Ainge and I think Riley were both scrappy dogfighter annoying type players.

I mean Miami made Dion Waiters and James Johnson good

Wild to think that the only loss of the Heat's postseason was to Khris Middleton

Yes, horrible coaching by Stevens down the stretch. They signed Kemba because he turned himself into the best PnR PG of his generation outside of CP3. But in slowdown playoff crunch time, instead of capitalizing on that with a high PnR with Tatum with Brown on the wing, he goes to some weird pseudo-Rockets perimeter iso chuck and duck offense and lets Tatum go full Embiid/millennial hoisting up fadeaway threes over smaller defenders. It was like a Danny Manning coached 4th quarter. You're not going to simply out-talent your way to a win in the conference finals, there needs to be some sort of organization.

Yes, horrible coaching by Stevens down the stretch. They signed Kemba because he turned himself into the best PnR PG of his generation outside of CP3. But in slowdown playoff crunch time, instead of capitalizing on that with a high PnR with Tatum with Brown on the wing, he goes to some weird pseudo-Rockets perimeter iso chuck and duck offense and lets Tatum go full Embiid/millennial hoisting up fadeaway threes over smaller defenders. It was like a Danny Manning coached 4th quarter. You're not going to simply out-talent your way to a win in the conference finals, there needs to be some sort of organization.
Lol. Walker has been exposed in this playoffs.

Love Caruso

I feel like in addition to the talent in the NBA being very high right now, the likeability of guys, especially role players, is super high too

Official 2019-20 NBA Thread: Celtics/Heat and Lakers/Nuggets

Lol. Walker has been exposed in this playoffs.

As opposed to when he didn’t make the playoffs?

Love Caruso

I feel like in addition to the talent in the NBA being very high right now, the likeability of guys, especially role players, is super high too

This is a great take. Completely agree. Even the hateable players are hateable because they make you care about them and respect them.

coincidence that we have not had to watch a warrior's game in months?

Celtics only up 8 with about a minute left.

Dozier played at South Carolina on that Final Four team

I liked his game during the restart games

apetit with the pooh jeter reference, I dig

Back