• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 NBA Offseason - First Half Season Schedule Out

haha i saw that Jordan told the Hornets "you're paid to play 82 games a season"

Well they’re only going to have 82 games.

Right, but you are leaving out the third party involved, which is the League. The team and player have differing objectives than the League. Yet the League oversees the revenue sharing as the ultimate employer, and the League is who suffers when the visiting star player doesn't play that one game out of the season he was expected to play in that city. The team is just the middleman. So, to the extent it deems it a problem, the League has to create an artificial disincentive to the team and player's joint action.

The League doesn’t want star players getting injured in the playoffs either. Bucks vs. Clippers in the Finals without Kawhi and PG would suck a lot more than last night.

Tonight's starting lineup for the Warriors:

Eric Paschall
Glen Robinson III
Willey Cauley-Stein
Ky Bowman
Jordan Poole

Nine games ago:

Steph Curry
Klay Thompson
Kevin Durant
Draymond Green
Andre Iguodala
Oh well. Tough shit, Warriors.

Well they’re only going to have 82 games.

The League doesn’t want star players getting injured in the playoffs either. Bucks vs. Clippers in the Finals without Kawhi and PG would suck a lot more than last night.

Right, but there is no legitimate medical info showing that playing in more regular season games leads to more postseason injuries. Obviously it increases the chances that an injury can occur, but any more than practice or walking down the stairs or driving to the arena?

Suck it up, buttercup, how do you think the rest of the world works? You don't work you don't get paid. If you are scheduled to make over $40 million per year on a supermax, then yeah you can't get too disappointed if that massive amount gets cut if you miss a third of the games because of a "sprained ankle". Enjoy your $25 mil per year and shut the hell up. Again, if the players are getting the upside then they should also carry the downside.

This isn't the NFL with CTE and other longterm issues to worry about from the players' perspective. If people are showing up specifically to see the stars play and they don't because of "load management", then they shouldn't get paid as much. And in my opinion a portion of the ticket price should be refunded if the NBA is going to continue to market players over teams.

You're so right. Look how well that worked for Kevin Durant.

BTW, most companies give sick days or personal days. You may not, but legit companies do.

they're getting paid for output, not input

resting Kawhi 10 or 15 or whatever games last year contributed to a championship

No, they are getting paid for the input. The ticket sales and TV contracts are what create the revenue. The team wants the output, but the League's revenue comes from the input. With the obvious exceptions of the NY and LA markets, the League and its revenue stream doesn't give a shit whether it is Toronto or Golden State who wins.

No, they are getting paid for the input. The ticket sales and TV contracts are what create the revenue. The team wants the output, but the League's revenue comes from the input. With the obvious exceptions of the NY and LA markets, the League and its revenue stream doesn't give a shit whether it is Toronto or Golden State who wins.

ticket sales and TV revenue for what?

Great pic of Timmy and CP from last night.
https://www.poundingtherock.com/201...-antonio-spurs-win-over-oklahoma-city-thunder

usa_today_13629819.0.jpg

If you didn’t know Jokic was an NBA star and you saw him in street clothes at like, a Chili’s, what would you think he did for a living?

He's 7 feet tall. I'd guess he was a basketball player.

Coaches challenge has been a huge failure. I have probably watched 20 games and not seen anything overturned.

Sixers blew one tonight. Some awful calls down the stretch but really blew a 21 point lead.

Refs have decided they are going to take Giannis out of games this year, so that's fun.

Coaches challenge has been a huge failure. I have probably watched 20 games and not seen anything overturned.

Sixers blew one tonight. Some awful calls down the stretch but really blew a 21 point lead.

As I've been saying for a couple of years, the Sixers need a new coach.

Seems like before leagues institute or expand replay rules, they need to ask the refs, "Are you really going to overturn calls? Really?" If not, don't bother.

The NBA should do the same thing I've said the NFL should do. Just put a guy in a locked room in Secaucus. When there is a challenge, that guy gets 90 seconds to watch every possible angle of the play and deliver a call without any knowledge of the score, original call, time left, or any other details about the game. If he doesn't do make the call in 90 seconds, the call is overturned.

As I've been saying for a couple of years, the Sixers need a new coach.

Three losses now are by 3, 2, and 5 on the road against two definite playoff teams and one potential playoff team, each missing either Embiid or Simmons. Next five are against .500 or worse, mostly at home. They’ll be fine.

Losing a 17 point lead in the fourth quarter is the operative point, but why be bothered by reality?

Losing a 17 point lead in the fourth quarter is the operative point, but why be bothered by reality?

The operative point? Following on from what you’ve been saying for years?

draymond was really dominating the games he was playing in before injury...10 pts 7 rebounds a game
his averageness is finally front and center. must suck not having 3 all stars around you to make yourself look good

Back