• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 NBA Offseason - First Half Season Schedule Out

PhDeac

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
Reaction score
Let's do this.

Ph bitches and bitches about others not responding and changing the subject but as he is wont to do, he's the one doing it here again. But he'll blame RJ.

he REALITY is the Bulls DID lose twice to the Pistions. You can't change that

Look at the teams:

HeatBullsLakersCelticsWiltDoc
PG WchoclatePaxonMagicAingeW. JonesCheeks
SG DWADEJordanPippenDJGreerToney
C ShaqLongleyKareemParrishWiltMoses
SF Walker/PoseyPippenCooperBirdWalker/BillyCDoc
PF HaslemRodmanWorthyMcHaleL.JacksonBobby Jones

The REALITY is the only position the Bulls were DEFINITELY better than these teams was at SG. However, Jordan was nowhere near enough near better to overcome the incredibly glaring deficiencies a C and PG.

Pippen is only better than Cooper. He's not as good as any of the others.

Rodman would NOT have been able to rebound against these teams. The Bulls would have been TOTALLY abused on the boards and inside D.

Jordan's Bulls are grossly OVERREATED. They would gotten run out of the gym by the early 80s Celtics, 80s Lakers, 80s Malone/Doc Sixers, Wilt's Sixers and DWADE's Heat. The Bulls would not have beaten Clyde's Kmicks and DID lose to Zeke's Pistons until the Pistons got OLD. The Kobe/Shaq and Kobe/Pau/Odom/Bynum Lakers were as good as or better than the Bulls.

Jordan played in a crap era.

holy shit don't come down on jordan's bulls on a board bull of mostly ppl that grew up in the 90s

Don’t make me start another official thread.

You did call it the age of parody, after all

Is the title part of some offseason-related joke I missed? Can't imagine someone with a PhD making that kind of mistake.

LOL. You don't know many people with PhDs.

I have no strong read on this season. With fantasy drafting, I always try and win the 8-12th rd picks, and so I guess with teams, I always try and pay attention to the 4th thru 8th man. I like what Philly could bring with their last two first round picks, Smith and the kid from Wash U whom I love. If Simmons really can bring his jumper into actual games, I really like Philly. I expect Milwaukee to struggle a bit. I think they'll miss Brogdan. I could see Atlanta surprising and emerging as the 4th or 5th best team in the East. Nate McMillan has been quietly fantastic in Indy. I like their depth. Washington should be historically bad. Boston could be better. I expect New Jersey to take a step back thru the first 30 games as they figure out how to navigate a flat earth theory (Kyrie)

In the West, I really like the Jazz over just about everyone else. I think may hesitation to embrace what the Clippers have is pure bitterness. But the forced trade of Paul George could - could mind you - be their undoing. I know he's been amazing for 100 of his last 120 games, a top 5 player of the year, but his last 20 games were not great and he's a catalog of various injuries. If he misses a bunch of time and perennial millennial The Claw takes his usual 15-20 games to rest his ego/soul/mind, I think they could feel the pressure of underproducing. I expect Mitchell and Conley to essentially be the best or near best backcourt. Portland can easily argue they have the best backcourt (and probably do). I think the Lakers will be fine, and Golden State will play better than expected. But so far as depth, I like Utah, the Spurs, and Dallas actually. Dallas has a lot of underappreciated good players that have been forced to play more do more things with only one guy. Now that they have two guys, I think they will be more efficient players. Hard to not like the Kings as well. I think they will be a season long top 8 team in the West.

I think the while mandatory measurements thing is going to be interesting too. I know guys were mandatory measured in NBA pre-draft camps, but I think John Collins measured at 6'8 1/2" and that surprised a lot of people - not sure why as I assume those measurements existed online before, but ... anywho - because of all the player movement this off season and teams missing players for all or most of the season, I have almost no feel for the season. If you put a gun to my head, I'd guess you'd see Milwaukee vs Philly in the Eastern finals and Utah vs the Clippers or Lakers in the Western Finals. Clippers/Lakers Western Finals would be pretty insane though.

Philly should have an elite defense if not the #1 defense in the league.

Losing JJ and Jimmy offensively is tough, but defensively, huge upgrade to get Horford and Josh Richardson. And Matisse and Zhaire project really well defensively too. I like what adding Al does for keeping Embiid healthy too--getting him rest and having a good backup C was the missing link last year.

Backup PG is an interesting one to watch too. Raul Neto is pretty boring but effective. Average at just about everything. Trey Burke gets buckets (though he's bad defensively).

But more than anything, the East is just kinda garbage. Indiana and Miami will play you tough every night but they do not scare me. Milwaukee got worse. Boston could take a step forward this year, but huge unknown. I like how Brooklyn has built their team a lot but until Durant is back, they're not contenders.

I know nothing about the West by comparison, but I agree with le bone about the Jazz. Great roster.

No mention of the Morey story on here?

Morey was right. The NBA is wrong.

The NBA crates tons of jobs in China. Tens of millions of Chinese love playing and watching basketball.

The worst thing any dictatorship can have is massive resentment in the populace. It's very difficult to take something this popular away from your citizens.

NBA sucks for doing this. Morey tweeted on behalf of himself, not the Rockets or the league, and made that perfectly clear. He's allowed to have opinions as a private citizen.

lol, that's why they sent James Harden on the apology tour, huh?

We have players and teams in China now. They should have waited to return to say anything.

The de facto support of China's killing people in Hong Kong is no different than supporting the KKK for bombing the 16th Street Baptist Church.

NBA sucks for doing this. Morey tweeted on behalf of himself, not the Rockets or the league, and made that perfectly clear. He's allowed to have opinions as a private citizen.

Of course he is, but if you, as an employee, say something that may cost your boss hundreds of millions of dollars, your boss is going to be a little annoyed.

But the NBA has supported players making political and social statements for the entire Adam Silver tenure. In fact, he has encouraged players to be active and involved.

But the NBA has supported players making political and social statements for the entire Adam Silver tenure. In fact, he has encouraged players to be active and involved.

Exactly. NBA shouldn't turn its back on its employees. They could have condemned his statement without throwing him under the bus.

Morey is anti-thesis of Townie. Morey will dice EVERY time. Whether you love him or, you have top give it to him for in the game.

Anybody else think that if this wasn’t the Rockets, it wouldn’t be as big of a deal?

The Rockets have been the unofficial franchise of China since Yao.

Back