• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 NBA Offseason - First Half Season Schedule Out

Pels vs. Hawks on NBA TV right now. Zion with 7 already 5 minutes in. JC with 4.

A lot of Dukies on the court.

This should probably go in the #GoSpursGo thread but this is hilarious.

Have never seen this clip before.

Wow. That's great.

Philly should have an elite defense if not the #1 defense in the league.

Losing JJ and Jimmy offensively is tough, but defensively, huge upgrade to get Horford and Josh Richardson. And Matisse and Zhaire project really well defensively too. I like what adding Al does for keeping Embiid healthy too--getting him rest and having a good backup C was the missing link last year.

Backup PG is an interesting one to watch too. Raul Neto is pretty boring but effective. Average at just about everything. Trey Burke gets buckets (though he's bad defensively).

But more than anything, the East is just kinda garbage. Indiana and Miami will play you tough every night but they do not scare me. Milwaukee got worse. Boston could take a step forward this year, but huge unknown. I like how Brooklyn has built their team a lot but until Durant is back, they're not contenders.

I know nothing about the West by comparison, but I agree with le bone about the Jazz. Great roster.

We'll see, but I think you guys are making too much of the Brogdon loss. He was good, but he was injured a lot, and they were fine without him. They added Wes Matthews and I expect DiVincenzo to be improved. And I think Korver was a great add for them. I do not expect much if any drop off -- the question is whether Philly significantly improved.

I agree with that. The Bucks still have issues from last year to worry about especially getting consistency from the supporting cast. Does Giannis need to develop a jumper to lead his team to the Finals? Is Middleton going to be give them a legit Big Two?

They have more solid 3 point shooters now than they did last year. Giannis's jumper will get better every year. Middleton is what he is -- he's not getting better. But, all else aside, it's going to be fun as hell having both Lopez brothers on the same team.

yeah, the Bucks problem is what happens when things tighten up around Giannis in the playoffs

his game wasn't ready last year -- hope he figures it out because I'm a big fan

Best thing that could come out of this would be for the league to stop constantly virtue signaling since even its most hardcore fanboys now realize it’s all been an act. But that seems unlikely. SJWs like Kerr are actually trying to turn their refusal to comment as proof of their wokeness which is just shocking

I think tintin misses the point, as per usual, but also there's a kernel of truth there. I do think there are "SJWs" (aka just people who want a more just world and have a public platform to speak on it) in the league that do good by speaking out, and in contrast to the way the NFL censors behavior it doesn't like, the NBA is supportive in a way that is pretty admirable.

What's less admirable though is seeing just how quickly 30 billionaires acquiesced to an authoritarian dictatorship at even the faintest suggestion their next paychecks might be a fraction smaller. Cool harbinger of our society's direction.

Thanks tintin -- was waiting for the virtue-signaling take from the virtue-less.

"Virtue-signaling" = people daring to have opinions I disagree with

Anybody else think that if this wasn’t the Rockets, it wouldn’t be as big of a deal?

The Rockets have been the unofficial franchise of China since Yao.

Wow. Interesting take. I hate to say that I never even thought about that. I really am just stupid.

Yeah. If Pop or Kerr made similar comments, I don’t think China would really care.

Yeah. If Pop or Kerr or even Lebron made similar comments, I don’t think China would really care.

I’m kind of spilt on this. Obviously I’m for free speech and I don’t think China should be dictating to US businesses but it was a dumb move by Morey.

Pretty clear that Morey watched the south park episode before sending out that tweet.

Lol the team the Sixers are playing tonight in preseason, Guangzhou Lions, has CJ Harris on it.

Turns out it’s a different CJ Harris

Beware The Year of Furkan!!!

EDIT: Ben Simmons 1-1 on threes...

Last edited:
Back