• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 NBA Offseason - First Half Season Schedule Out

I didn't see this discussed on here, but the Mavs picked up James Johnson as an enforcer for Luka? Makes sense.

I mean the reason why they went after him wasn't

That's fair. Here's an article.
https://www.si.com/nba/mavericks/ne...-nobody-will-ever-mess-with-luka-doncic-again

Opponents rarely challenge Johnson - acquired by the Dallas Mavericks in a spider-web trade - because in addition to being a capable basketball player, he is a second-degree black belt in karate who compiled a record of 20-0 as a kickboxer.

Included is this link:
https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports...mi-heat-general-managers-s20181003-story.html

In the vote for "toughest player in the NBA," the Heat's James Johnson finished in a fourth-place tie with the Warriors' Draymond Green, behind, in order, Thunder center Steven Adams, Los Angeles Lakers forward LeBron James and Celtics guard Marcus Smart.

Draymond is such a faux tough guy. JJ would pummel him. Steven Adams on the other hand is a legitimately terrifying human.

EoMuMQAVoAUjTdZ

LOL. I'm sure you'd rather see Sixers-Heat. Raptors-Heat would be better. Of all those teams, the one I'd least want to see is the Celtics.

if i wanted to watch athletic wings flop, I'd just watch Duke

if i wanted to watch athletic wings flop, I'd just watch Duke

So basically the Celtics and Pelicans.

David Aldridge ranked the teams by their offseasons. He has Sixers, Blazers, Hawks top 3. I completely missed that Harry Giles went to the Blazers for 1 year, $1.6M. He's only 22 years old playing for what has to be at or close to the minimum.

I also missed that Teague is with the Celtics.

https://theathletic.com/2219637/202...ba-rankings-of-nba-offseason-accomplishments/

brandon ingram seems like a waste of a max contract

his numbers last season were pretty good

I'd rather put max money on Ingram than Fox

Ingram is the type of wing scorer a team needs to contend. He’s only 23.

No shit. That's why he's not with the Spurs anymore. Still a hell of a basketball player and I remain a fan.

sure but as a 3rd option

We haven't done one of these in awhile. Rank the following players by their season stats and percentages:

A 22.5 pts, 6.3 reb, 4.9 ast 47/32/82
B 23.8 pts, 6.2 reb, 4.1 ast 46/39/85
C 25.3 pts, 6.5 reb, 2.8 ast 47/42/86
D 23.4 pts, 7.0 reb, 3.0 ast 45/40/81
E 24.1 pts, 5.2 reb, 6.8 ast 48/29/76
F 26.6 pts, 7.3 reb, 3.3 ast 50/37/85
G 21.7 pts, 6.8 reb, 3.5 ast 42/36/86

So basically the Celtics and Pelicans.

David Aldridge ranked the teams by their offseasons. He has Sixers, Blazers, Hawks top 3. I completely missed that Harry Giles went to the Blazers for 1 year, $1.6M. He's only 22 years old playing for what has to be at or close to the minimum.

I also missed that Teague is with the Celtics.

https://theathletic.com/2219637/202...ba-rankings-of-nba-offseason-accomplishments/

I got a laugh out of this one.

[h=3]30. Oklahoma City Thunder[/h] 2019-20 record: 44-28; lost in first round
Added: C Al Horford (acquired from Philadelphia); G George Hill (acquired from Milwaukee); F Trevor Ariza (acquired from Detroit); F T.J. Leaf (acquired from Indiana); F Justin Jackson (acquired from Dallas); G Vasilijie Micic (acquired from Philadelphia); G Ty Jerome (acquired from Phoenix); C Vincent Poirier (acquired from Boston); G Admiral Schofield (acquired from Washington); G Frank Jackson (contract terms unknown); F Aleksej Pokuševski (draft rights acquired from Minnesota); F Jaden McDaniels (draft rights acquired from Lakers); G Vit Krejci (draft rights acquired from Washington); F Zylan Cheatham (acquired from New Orleans); G Joshia Gray (acquired from New Orleans); F Darius Miller (acquired from New Orleans); F Kenrich Williams (acquired from New Orleans) protected 2021 first-round pick and two 2021 second-round picks (acquired from Golden State); protected 2022 first-round pick (acquired from Phoenix); protected 2025 first-round pick (acquired from Philadelphia); protected 2023 first-round pick and 2023 and 2024 second-round picks (acquired from New Orleans); protected 2028 second-round pick (acquired from Atlanta); hired coach Mark Daigneault
Lost: G Chris Paul (traded to Phoenix); G Dennis Schröeder (traded to Lakers); G Danny Green (traded to Philadelphia); G/F Terrance Ferguson (traded to Philadelphia); F Abdel Nader (traded to Phoenix); F Danilo Gallinari (sign and trade with Atlanta); C Nerlens Noel (signed with New York); F Kelly Oubre, Jr. (traded to Golden State); F James Johnson (traded to Dallas); G Jalen Lecque (traded to Indiana); G Immanuel Quickey (draft rights traded to New York); G Theo Maledon (draft rights traded to Philadelphia); G Cassius Winston (draft rights traded to Washington); protected 2021 second-round pick (traded to Boston); coach Billy Donovan signed with Chicago
Retained: None

48 positive tests from NBA'ers out of 546 people. That seems like..... alot.

Back