• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 NBA Offseason - First Half Season Schedule Out

What's crazy about Game 3 is that it had the feel of the underdog coming back home and getting their bearings and pulling out a win. One of those "series hasn't started until somebody wins on the road" type games.

Great game by Butler. Great next man up performance by Olynyk.

Was an awesome game. Injected much needed life into these Finals. Lakers looked miffed, like they expected this to be easier.

What's the prognosis for Bam & Goran?

Butler is such a likeable player, both in terms of game and personality. The 180 of the media in these playoffs vs the Minnesota days is really interesting.

Official 2019-20 NBA Thread: Heat vs. Lakers in the NBA Finals - Clips Cut Doc

I think any “Are the Lakers in trouble?” headlines are ridiculous. Most people probably expected the Heat to win one game if Butler, Herro, and/or Bam went off.

The Lakers should be concerned that the Heat handled them with just a super human game from Butler and a strong performance by Olynyk with everyone else basically playing to form.

The Lakers will win a close one on Tuesday and close out Game 5.

Last edited:
I think any “Are the Lakers in trouble?” headlines are ridiculous. Most people probably expected the Heat to win one game it Butler, Herro, and/or Bam went off.

The Lakers should be concerned that the Heat handled them with just a super human game from Butler and a strong performance by Olynyk with everyone else basically playing for him.

The Lakers will win a close one on Tuesday and close out Game 5.
You're prob right, but let us have hope for a few hours at least

a lot of good players on the floor at all times for both teams

this is a fun series

The Heat need to get good production from Nunn and Olynyk with Bam close to 100% and hold on until Dragic can get back.

Still think this will be a dramatic Laker win.

the Lakers need their two good players to actually show up

Heat playing 5 on 8 in the 4th. Ridiculous.

It's such a night and day difference since they switched AD on Butler for game 4. Butler refuses to even think about challenging him off the dribble.

Herro loves the 4th quarter.

Clutch KCP is killing me.

Duncan Robinson getting cooked on D over and over again.

Players with 500 points, 150 rebounds, 150 assists in a postseason

Larry Bird- 1987
LeBron James- 2007, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2020

fin

Wow! Six times. That's impressive to do something like going 500/150/150 six times. Can't think of anything else someone could do six times in the postseason that would be more impressive.

MJ? I thought we were talking about something impressive Lebron did six times in the playoffs.

You gotta admit that this upcoming chip for LeBron is more impressive than any of MJ's as he dragged a non-playoff caliber team to the title

Cheap. As it looks now, I don’t think the Lakers make the playoffs next year. They need an elite max player or two very good players in the backcourt. Even if they stay pretty healthy, Lebron and AD will play maybe 65 games together next year. They need to win about 2/3 of those games to have a floor for the games where they only have one of them or neither of them. Plus there’s always just chances of personalities clashing.

It’s pretty amazing that over the last few years and this offseason, the Lakers have traded or let go of most of their prior draft picks and have traded many of their future draft picks and only have three players of note to show for it.

LOL. Then they went and signed a bunch of good veteran players. They only had to play 63 games before the bubble.

I definitely underestimated them. But they did what they needed to do and the long COVID break probably helped them more than other teams.

Back