• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 NBA Offseason - First Half Season Schedule Out

Jimmy Butler dragged Embiid and Simmons as far as he could last year. He did more with Dragic and Bam.

Butler was pretty bad in the first round against the Nets in 2019, actually. Embiid went 25 and 14 that series, and Tobias and Ben went 17/8 and 17/6. Jimmy 15 and 4 on 45% shooting, the worst of the starters. Ben was pretty much shut down by Kawhi and Joel was dealing with the weird GI and injury issues, so Jimmy did drag the Sixers as far as he could (a bounce away from OT in game 7 against the champs, I suppose it's worth remembering). Simmons and Redick also both had way better TS% and eFG% that series, Jimmy was just Jimmy Buckets.

Last edited:
per ESPN article, Paul Silas' kid hired by Rockets as head coach makes them the fifth father-son head coach duo in NBA history

how many can you name without looking it up?

(I couldn't come up with any)

Musselman father and son?
Bickerstaffs
Was Denver coach Malone a prodigy?
Silas' now
Paul Westphaul? I may be confusing with Westhead. I feel like it is a Phoenix coach, however.

Wow D’Antoni joining Nash as an assistant in New Jersey. I’m mega skeptical of Nash and the self-proclaimed co-head coaches KD and Kyrie but they are putting together a monster staff. Also pulled Ime Udoka and Jacque Vaughan plus Amare (who the eff know is he has any value).

I could see Nash succeeding with that assistant staff around him. Everyone loves Nash

i'm with plama

seems like buckets and pilch just have closed their third eye to the world of possibilities

Townie, you hyped about the Harden to the Sixers rumors?

There are a bunch of different ways the Nets could implode. Even the best case scenario in which things work out, they'll have a tough time with the Bucks, Raptors, Heat and maybe the Harden Sixers.

Did Morey leave cause he was pissed the Rox Owner made him trade for Bestbrook?

Don’t think it was any one thing but kinda everything Fertita did

Don’t think it was any one thing but kinda everything Fertita did

I can see Morey not wanting to be around with the Rox cause Fertita ain't gonna want to spend as his restaurant empire crumbles.

What kind of trade package can they come up with for him? Do they want Covington back as well?

The Rockets only really have Westbrook in terms of bad contracts and the Sixers have 2, which makes the balance a bit more difficult if neither team is parting with a bad contract. I would imagine the Sixers would love to get Cov, but his is one of the best contracts in the entire league, two more years at just $13MM per. If only rj were here to tell us how simple it is.

Was Cov any good last year? I remember watching him with the Rox and was like meh

Back