• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FSU Game Time - 7:30 ACCN

Clemson hosted Week 1 (Georgia Tech). Seems unlikely they would host twice in one season.

Clemson hosted twice in 2013
FSU hosted twice in 2014
Bama hosted twice in 2015
Tennessee hosted twice in 2016 (once was in Bristol)
Ohio State hosted twice in 2017

unless there has been a new policy shift, hosting twice does not seem to be an issue

24 Hour Rule in Full Effect.

In the words of the great poet Jay Z - On to the next one.

I heard a rumor that Jeff [name redacted] is going to "Open the Gate" and we are going to unveil [name redacted] Blvd on campus. It is going to be a dead end road with a dumpster at the end.

FSU has a mini-QB controversy. James Blackmon started against Clemson. He was terrible. Wisky transfer Sam Hornibrook also played in the first half. Terrible. Both Blackmon and Hornibrook played in the 2nd half with no success until Clemson cleared the bench.

FSU's 8 first half possessions against Clemson:

- 2 picks (one each by Blakmon and Hornibrook)
- 4 three and outs
- 1 possession with a single FD
- end of half.

63 total yards; 2 first downs

Then, to start the 3rd quarter for FSU's offense:

- 3 and out
- pick
- fumble
- 3 and out

At that point, it was 42-0 and Clemson started playing the walk-ons.

Realize that Clemson's defense is "slightly" more talented than WF, but WF's defense needs to get stops early this week against an FSU offense that has issues.

Last edited:
FSU has a mini-QB controversy. James Blackmon started against Clemson. He was terrible. Wisky transfer Sam Hornibrook also played in the first half. Terrible. Both Blackmon and Hornibrook played in the 2nd half with no success until Clemson cleared the bench.

- 4 three and outs
- end of half.

- 3 and out
- pick
- fumble
- 3 and out

At that point, it was 42-0 and Clemson starter playing the walk-ons.

Realize that Clemson's defense is "slightly" more talented than WF, but WF's defense needs to get stops early this week against an FSU offense that has issues.

We need to get pressure on whoever is back there. Do that with some consistency, while not letting them scramble for big yards and not let Akers go wild and we should win.

Clemson hosted twice in 2013
FSU hosted twice in 2014
Bama hosted twice in 2015
Tennessee hosted twice in 2016 (once was in Bristol)
Ohio State hosted twice in 2017

unless there has been a new policy shift, hosting twice does not seem to be an issue

Tennessee? In 2016? Twice? Wow, it seems like longer ago than that UT was relevant.

- 4 three and outs
- end of half.

- 3 and out
- pick
- fumble
- 3 and out

At that point, it was 42-0 and Clemson started playing the walk-ons.

I also hope that FSU is totally beat up from the game. Last year going against the team the week after they had played Clemson was a really good bet [see the Wake vs Duke score last year]. I hope that continues this week!

WF from top to bottom will need to control what it can control—TOs, penalties, assignments and four quarters of focus. No need to hope for or rely upon an imaginary poor performance from a team with more athletes than Louisville.

The rest of the ACC is salivating to put WF where they think it belongs as demonstrated by Satterfield’s Louisville. Hopefully the guys really enjoyed their moment in the beam of the Top 25 spotlight because it will not be coming back around for some time.

WF from top to bottom will need to control what it can control—TOs, penalties, assignments and four quarters of focus. No need to hope for or rely upon an imaginary poor performance from a team with more athletes than Louisville.

The rest of the ACC is salivating to put WF where they think it belongs as demonstrated by Satterfield’s Louisville. Hopefully the guys really enjoyed their moment in the beam of the Top 25 spotlight because it will not be coming back around for some time.

I agree WF needs to play well - this is close to a coin flip game as are most other non-Clemson games on the schedule

but a win against FSU might get WF back into the top 25, and two straight definitely will

If we beat FSU and go to 6-1, Wake will be ranked.

Looking for 3 tix and a Blue Lot pass... Please PM if you have any available!

Thanks In Advance!

We can hope for a worn out FSU team all we want.

Obviously the team needs to focus on the things it can control. We as fans can dissect all the other variables that come into play. They are legitimate aspects of how a football season unfolds.

And yes we will be ranked if we get to 6-1.

Preachy post.

We can't play defense, can't tackle, can't cover and I fear disaster. Louisville game proved it.

The state game proved to me that Claw can step it up. Reviewing the last 8 mins of Saturday's game showed the same. It's the first 52 mins where LOWF was on the field. We'll get 'em. Go Deacs!

I think most of us didn't expect us to win all three games at home. If we had to lose one I'd rather it be Louisville and win games over FSU and State. And I really believe we will win the next 2 and re-enter the ranks.

Unless we beat FSU...

I think it takes victories over FSU and NCSU. Prime time coverage exposed the 0-7 record after a bye week. Writers and coaches can be skeptics, especially voting WFU into the Top 25. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Vegas opened with the Deacs -1.5. The line has moved to -2 now. I'm going to throw $100 on FSU +2 and hope I lose. If Wake loses again at least I won $90. I employed this strategy when we hit our rough patch in basketball but then we stopped being favored in games.

Back