• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FSU Game Time - 7:30 ACCN

I think most of it just boils down to this. A lot of games (not just Wake) have attendance issues at times and I think you can attribute some of that to technology. With so many games being broadcast these days, you don't have to be Alabama or Notre Dame to see a game on tv.

I am friends with a guy who is a huge Ohio State fan and he comes with me to football and baseball games at times and he is loud and hardcore for Wake when he is at the games. Having said that, he's not going to go out and just buy tickets to the games. He usually attends when there are freebies through work or if I ever have extras.

I went to the now 7-0 SMU game yesterday. Obviously not P5, but perfect weather, larger city, and bigger enrollment. Announced crowd of only 23,000. Come on people support your local teams.

Plus last night there was a tropical storm bearing down. Made it through the first half dry but the rain started at halftime and never let up. Can’t blame people for bailing at halftime or not coming at all. We stayed through the end but would have been a very miserable drive back to Asheville if we had lost.

This. Yet there were still 20k+ ppl there. And ESPN recap describing the second half "played in showers" from storm is BS. That second half rain was a lot. I know the hot takes on the thread keep bitching about what the East side looks like on TV but it was a great crowd that could monitor the weather and still come out for most of it. Travel folks, certainly not that easy, hotel or not.

I went to the now 7-0 SMU game yesterday. Obviously not P5, but perfect weather, larger city, and bigger enrollment. Announced crowd of only 23,000. Come on people support your local teams.

But SMU sports are way down the list of importance in Dallas.

Maybe they could use the boosters to buy and give away free tix.

Man, Surratt is really special. He doesn’t have the pure speed of day Chris Givens or the elusiveness of Dortch/Campanaro but he wins one-on-one more than any Wake WR that I can remember (15 years watching).

Thank goodness for quality rain gear; it got really wet in the second half. Postgame drive back to Hickory was an adventure. My 11 year old daughter insisted we stay and I’m glad we did.

There was some guy near us in a UF jacket loudly cheering against Wake and it’s like dude what are you doing

What I don't understand is when we played BC in 2006 the stadium was pretty much full vs. Last night and Louisville game 24,000. All three games night and all 3 games meaningful acc games. Just don't understand the difference. Is it because football is becoming less popular with all the concussion issues. I agree they should lower ticket and parking. I hope we have a big Deacs turnout for the wuffies and their idiotic fan base.

Games also much more accessible on tv and on demand now

Yup. Announced crowd last night per Connor O'Neil: 24,782.

I was shocked to wake up this am and see Taggart has yet to be fired. Just utter incompetence and why we won the game. FSU regularly fair caught KOs when no one was even close! Did they watch our UL tape at al??? 46 runs to 43 passes might normally be smart for a well balanced offense, but when Cam is a one man machine you give that horse the ball more than 30 times. If ever a time to go Lobo and just do same thing over and over until we could stop it last night was that night.

Thrilled for win and early bowl eligibility but we choked and pretty sure Taggart is one of the few coaches that could take the gift we tried to give him and throw up on it.

Not to mention drawing up a 2 pt conversion play that was blatantly illegal.

Thank goodness for quality rain gear; it got really wet in the second half. Postgame drive back to Hickory was an adventure. My 11 year old daughter insisted we stay and I’m glad we did.
Your daughter is a true Deacon and on the right path in life.

This isn’t exactly rocket science: put both Carney and Hinton in the backfield, one as a wingback or both potential wildcat runners. Since Hinton can pass, the defense can’t totally focus on the run.

Sounds good. When we need it, we can spring it on someone.

This isn’t exactly rocket science: put both Carney and Hinton in the backfield, one as a wingback or both potential wildcat runners. Since Hinton can pass, the defense can’t totally focus on the run.

Wild Deacs?

We stayed through to the end. Properly dressed we stayed pretty dry.

Great to beat FSU! Shouldn’t have been so close—we’ve got to do better from 10 yards in.

Good to see we didn’t repeat a lot of last weeks mistakes.

———

I think it’s generally getting harder to attract fans to come to live sporting events, especially younger ones. So much socializing is now online. Maybe not as true for huge schools with highly successful programs.

And yeah, night games are somewhat discouraging for a school that needs folks coming from within several hours drive. And for folks having to work early the next morning (like myself half the time).

I’m not sure lowering prices would help much, possibly some.

cheaper tickets definitely puts more butts in seats. The problem is they won’t necessarily be rooting for the Deacs. We have a small miserable fanbase. I hope we can change that. Consistently winning certainly won’t hurt.

cheaper tickets definitely puts more butts in seats. The problem is they won’t necessarily be rooting for the Deacs. We have a small miserable fanbase. I hope we can change that. Consistently winning certainly won’t hurt.

I’m fine with bigger crowds even if it comes along with more opposing fans. Parking especially feels like a gigantic fuck you to anybody coming in for just a game or two.

Any suggestions for growing the fan base?

Back