• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FSU Game Time - 7:30 ACCN

I agree with this. However, I will say, first - we have linebackers redshirting or who are injured that may be really really good - we don't know yet. Two, in our scheme, we ask A LOT of our linebackers. They essentially need to have the speed of a safety and the size of an LB. They essentially need to be able to meet or beat a RB to the corner, and then big enough to knock him back. The gaps we ask our linebackers (and Rover) to hit make the position very challenging IMO.

is this a gap in our scheme given than LB is where we probably have the least talent?

is this a gap in our scheme given than LB is where we probably have the least talent?

Wait Strnad has no talent? One of the best LBs in the league and plays one of the two LB spots.

Smenda and J. Williams aint bad, Monroe has given some quality snaps. DJ Taylor and especially Ranson have upward trajectories. Think the future at LB pretty bright.

You're looking in the wrong direction, Corner is where we need to be concerned... Jasir Taylor as CB1 next year???

Wait Strnad has no talent? One of the best LBs in the league and plays one of the two LB spots.

Smenda and J. Williams aint bad, Monroe has given some quality snaps. DJ Taylor and especially Ranson have upward trajectories. Think the future at LB pretty bright.

You're looking in the wrong direction, Corner is where we need to be concerned... Jasir Taylor as CB1 next year???

If you’re paying attention, Taylor has improved significantly this year.

Smenda looks like a great Mike in a traditional 4-3. I just have not seen him demonstrate the lateral quickness that our scheme requires from the LB position.

If you’re paying attention, Taylor has improved significantly this year.

Smenda looks like a great Mike in a traditional 4-3. I just have not seen him demonstrate the lateral quickness that our scheme requires from the LB position.

I'll ask again, Jasir Taylor as CB1 next year? He has improved but is not CB1 material.

I'll ask again, Jasir Taylor as CB1 next year? He has improved but is not CB1 material.

I believe bassey and Henderson started as frosh and redshirt frosh so I think incoming corners see the opportunity. Jasir improved last year as well, but ideally he is cb2.

i'm talking about this year. strnad is the only guy who would be starting in an ideal world. the fact that masterson, who i'd describe as somewhat average, is such a huge loss to the corps is pretty telling.

I think LB is the obvious weak point sans Strnad. They can’t play pass defense at all and just leave the second level wide open. Additionally they’re not very good at getting into the backfield when a blitz is called up. The end result is it appears that our corners get beat frequently when in reality they just can’t cover all day, cover the 5-13 yard gap over the middle of the field (abdicated by our linebackers), and consistently make the right reads in any zone coverage. I don’t think we have an elite secondary but I do think they look so exposed because our linebackers are pretty bad across the board.

The front four has also not been as good as I would have expected. Honestly the defense is better as a group of individuals than a sum of its parts.

the storm is slowing down and moving more east. hopefully this keeps up!

145015_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

I heard a rumor that Jeff [name redacted] is going to "Open the Gate" and we are going to unveil [name redacted] Blvd on campus. It is going to be a dead end road with a dumpster at the end.
Soon to have a gravel access road attached that will be known as Manning Way.

Would have been awesome to get him for Louisville. Oh well.

Have a bad feeling Akers is going to run all over us. I know they're OL isn't very good, but he's a beast, and our D is, ummmm, questionable?

Back