• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FSU Game Time - 7:30 ACCN

I seriously doubt they would have taped him up and have him see if he could play if it was a broken arm. Surely they x-rayed it when he went into the locker room.

Seriously. I think he'll be back after the bye week.

I also doubt it was a broken arm, but you can’t see torn tendons/ligaments on an x-ray. Clawson said he’s having an MRI and they are very concerned. We’ll see. Obviously we all hope he’s going to return.

I seriously doubt they would have taped him up and have him see if he could play if it was a broken arm. Surely they x-rayed it when he went into the locker room.

His arm was basically in a cast, to prevent him from extending his straight. It don’t look good.

We just beat FSU with our backup QB.
Hinton is a legit WR. He makes amazing catches. He isn’t just a shifty athlete. Guy is just a really good football player.
I am grateful they didn’t give the ball to Akers more.

Sciba.

Think so. He missed two that game. That was the last time he had 4+ attempts in a game. He's actually only attempted 3+ FGs four times (Towson, ND, and Memphis last year and tonight). Far cry from the Swank years.

Seems like Sciba has attempted very few FGs over 40 yards - certainly over 45 yards. But damn is he accurate on the ones he is kicking. I don't recall us going for it instead of kicking 47 yarders - just seems we haven't been in that sort of distance.

Hartman getting the start against FSU with the 3 tds in 5 minutes against Louisville but the two terrible passes that should have been intercepted ... even though he has no good wins or acc wins on his resume he WILL get the job done and we will aim Saturday.

I’m happy for Sam it’s his day to shine.

This guy knew what he was talking about and we all agree he always does

I think we need to figure out how to get Hinton more touches.

Our WRs are so good, we should be throwing 45-50 times a game. Sage looks like a top 3 round guy. Washington looks like a draft pick. Hinton will definitely get some looks. Plus Freudenthal is solid and CBS is good out of the backfield.

Newman is clearly much better than Hartman but people are being pretty tough on him. His biggest problem seems to be rhythm/timing. He’s just a little slow/off on reads and delivery, hopefully that will come after another 1.5 years as a backup. If Sam maintains his RS this year I think he’ll be a good qb for us for 2 years.

His arm was basically in a cast, to prevent him from extending his straight. It don’t look good.

It's a bicep injury, either a small tear or something. He was cleared to come back after the locker room exam, but pain was too much. The wrap was to prevent it from extending, not a bone injury.

Hartmans problem is that this offense is designed for a qb that is a running threat. Hartman is not. Zone blocking and rpo doesn't work with a qb that isn't a threat to run between the tackles.

Newman is clearly much better than Hartman but people are being pretty tough on him. His biggest problem seems to be rhythm/timing. He’s just a little slow/off on reads and delivery, hopefully that will come after another 1.5 years as a backup. If Sam maintains his RS this year I think he’ll be a good qb for us for 2 years.

Na dude, Jamie Newman’s DONT grow on trees.

Back