• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FSU Game Time - 7:30 ACCN

BarcaDeac

Reaction score
Here are that week's ACC games:

Pittsburgh @ Syracuse (Friday, ESPN)

NC State @ Boston College
Georgia Tech @ Miami
North Carolina @ Virginia Tech
Duke @ #20 Virginia
Florida State @ #19 Wake Forest
#2 Clemson @ Louisville

Hoping for 3:30

State/BC screams noon to me. I think we are probably at 330 either in ACCN, ESPN or ESPN2

If the 6 day hold option remains in effect, I could see ESPN/ABA wanting to invoke the 6 days hold to see the outcome of the UVA @ Miami and L'ville @ WF games before setting the schedule.

If the 6 day hold option remains in effect, I could see ESPN/ABA wanting to invoke the 6 days hold to see the outcome of the UVA @ Miami and L'ville @ WF games before setting the schedule.

And FSU-Clemson. If Wake and FSU win this week, our game vs them is HUGE.

I think they did the 6 day option last week when setting the time for FSU-Clemson. Can they can do it to a team twice in a row?

Probably, but not sure it's worth it when Clemson is a 26-point fave this weekend. Can only do it a limited amount of times per year

full ACC schedule:

Saturday, Oct. 19
Clemson at Louisville, Noon, ABC
Georgia Tech at Miami, Noon, ACCN
NC State at Boston College, Noon, RSN
Duke at Virginia, 3:30 p.m., ACCN
North Carolina at Virginia Tech, 3:30 p.m., RSN
Florida State at Wake Forest, 7:30 p.m., ACCN

If FSU shocks Clemson and Wake takes care of business with Louisville, could that bring Game day to Wake for FSU at Wake?

Nope - Gameday will be in Athens for Georgia's matchup with Kentucky then

If FSU shocks Clemson and Wake takes care of business with Louisville, could that bring Game day to Wake for FSU at Wake?

Unlikely, there aren't a ton of marquee games that week, but #16 Michigan does play at #10 Penn State. That game would be the leading candidate, but Penn State does play at Iowa this Saturday. So, for WF to have any shot at hosting Gameday, we would need: Iowa to beat Penn State, FSU to beat Clemson and WF to beat L'ville. Here are the other games among current top 25 teams and nothing is that great the weekend of October 19:

TN at #1 Bama
#2 Clemson at L'ville
KY at #3 UGA
#5 LSU at Miss State
WV at #6 OK
#7 FL at SC
#12 Auburn at Ark
#13 Oregon at Washington (this seemed like the favorite to host until the Washington inexplicably lost to Stanford)
#14 Boise at BYU
#18 Arizona State at #15 Utah (two ranked teams)
Duke at #20 UVA
Temple at #21 SMU
#22 Baylor at Ok State
Tulane at #23 Memphis (this game could involve two ranked teams by next weekend)
#24 A&M at Ole Miss
Tulsa at #25 Cincy

Last edited:
Dunno if we'd need FSU to beat Clemson, though of course it would help. Maybe they'd come to prop up ACC Net?

Though Mich-PSU def the front runner, especially since they're doing that game at night

I think we get a Gameday game this year but unfortunately I think it will be at Clemson.

If WF and Clemson win out until November 16, it could happen. Big IF.

UGA at Auburn is the same weekend, but Auburn has to play at LSU before that game which could impact the GD decision. Also, OK plays at Baylor that weekend, both those teams are currently unbeaten. There is a lot of football before November 16; so, perspectives could change, but WF at Clemson is currently on the short list of games with GD possibilities.

full ACC schedule:

Saturday, Oct. 19
Clemson at Louisville, Noon, ABC
Georgia Tech at Miami, Noon, ACCN
NC State at Boston College, Noon, RSN
Duke at Virginia, 3:30 p.m., ACCN
North Carolina at Virginia Tech, 3:30 p.m., RSN
Florida State at Wake Forest, 7:30 p.m., ACCN

I'm guessing noon on ABC gets first pick, and GT/Miami was the last pick / least desirable?

If WF and Clemson win out until November 16, it could happen. Big IF.

UGA at Auburn is the same weekend, but Auburn has to play at LSU before that game which could impact the GD decision. Also, OK plays at Baylor that weekend, both those teams are currently unbeaten. There is a lot of football before November 16; so, perspectives could change, but WF at Clemson is currently on the short list of games with GD possibilities.

Clemson hosted Week 1 (Georgia Tech). Seems unlikely they would host twice in one season.

Back