• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FSU Game Time - 7:30 ACCN

We can hope for a worn out FSU team all we want.

Obviously the team needs to focus on the things it can control. We as fans can dissect all the other variables that come into play. They are legitimate aspects of how a football season unfolds.

And yes we will be ranked if we get to 6-1.

Preachy post.

I imagine our team was pretty worn out as well. The game was over 4 hours long and we had several injuries.....hopefully minor ones. We need to recover physically and mentally this week. It’s doable.
In spite of the loss, which really pissed me off, I was encouraged and excited by our 4th quarter offensive explosion. We scored at will and with a little defense would have won. Hopefully FSU is demoralized after their beat down and we get after their QBs early and often.

FSU, like UL, will be equally as talented, athletic, and fast (if not more).

I do NOT think the -2.0 line is based on the questions surrounding our QB situation Saturday. It's just a tough spot for the Deacs. Hoping that Clemson crushed FSU's morale while Wake is itching to get back on the field.

Hope to force 2+ turnovers.

I think Wake wins by two scores this week. Defense will stay home and make Blackman or Hornibrook beat them. Special teams will get cleaned up.

I think Wake wins by two scores this week. Defense will stay home and make Blackman or Hornibrook beat them. Special teams will get cleaned up.

#stylepoints

I hope you’re right. I think it’s close and doesn’t go over 70. But like the Deacs to pull it out.

I agree. The Deacs will respond in a big way. We will see them play pissed off like they did vs Unc and not like zombies from this past Saturday.

After last Saturday, do you mean the defense will stay home again?

"Special Season" should always include adversity.

This game is so huge. If we win, we're 6-1 (2-1) and could be headed for a really special season. If lose two in a row at home and drop to 1-2 in the ACC, it's probably going to be another solid but average bowl type season with 7-8 wins. I really think this game will dictate a lot going forward.

Louisville has probably improved more than any team in the conference as the year has progressed. And they were probably the toughest game left on our schedule outside of Clemson and Duke.

I think we are regressing to the mean. I expect us to lose another close one to FSU. Will be very interested to see how the team and coaches respond. Every game from here on out will be a real struggle.

But can we get pressure on the QB and stay in proper lanes so the QBs can’t run at will? Will we spy the QB?

Not optimistic at all here. The WF I watched on Saturday night will get slaughtered by FSU and State. Can you say 5-7?

Also have to consider Satterfield >>> Taggart. I think we bounce back with a comfy win

If we turn the ball over 3 times and give up 3 huge special teams plays we probably will lose.

Looking back at last year's game, Glenn was our best player on defense. What happens when we need a Fr. to step up and play like that?

Back