• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019-20 MLB Hot Stove Thread...

Nats felt an obligation to Strasburg after this past season (and signing a below market deal earlier), but that money may have been better spent on Rendon.

Seems very unlikely that he will be an effective pitcher for the last couple of years of that deal. That said, the top of the Nats rotation will be super tough if they get in the playoffs in 2020.

Happiest guy in the world after that Strasburg contract is Cole.

I would've given Rendon that money and let Strasburg walk, but that's me.

He only had 5/6 good years. He was great for 5-6 period but average for the rest of his career.

He only had 5/6 good years. He was great for 5-6 period but average for the rest of his career.

True, but I would have him in over Baines or Puckett (or at least with them).

Not over Puckett.

One guy I have a problem with is Don Sutton. He pitched for 23 years and only won 20+ games once (during his first decade he never started less than 35 games). His winning percentage was at his team's. His ERA was not great for his era. He was only an All Star four times in 23 years. He came in third in Cy Young once and fourth once.

Sutton should be in the Hall of Longevity not Hall of Fame.

Didi Gregorius to the Phillies... The NL East is dominating the Hot Stove...

Not over Puckett.

One guy I have a problem with is Don Sutton. He pitched for 23 years and only won 20+ games once (during his first decade he never started less than 35 games). His winning percentage was at his team's. His ERA was not great for his era. He was only an All Star four times in 23 years. He came in third in Cy Young once and fourth once.

Sutton should be in the Hall of Longevity not Hall of Fame.

Not HOF related, but Sutton pitched one of the most memorable games I ever saw in person. I saw him beat Tom Seaver 1-0 in Dodger Stadium in July of 1970. Sutton pitched 10 innings. Seaver went 9. Without looking it up, I think Tug McGraw actually got the loss, not Seaver.

Wonder why Boras didn't just go for the extra $7m and get the second largest contract ever. Seems like a miss.

Cole to the Yankees. 9 years, $324 million.

Read where part of the reason the bidding has been so insane on pitchers this year is that the next few years for FA starting pitchers does not look all that hot. Obviously that can change with a break out season here or there, but GM's are looking out and thinking this is the year to make a move. That being said 9 years. Wow.

Rendon gets 7/$245 from the Angel's. Boras has gotten $814 million in contracts this week from 3 players. Crazytown.

Back