• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019-20 MLB Hot Stove Thread...

I think that the under is likely as long as Manfred sticks to his word and suspends pitchers who deliberately hit Astros players. I could see him deliver 5 game suspensions to pitchers so they miss a turn.

Every team that they play a series with this year should get at least 1 free beanball without penalty (as long as it’s not to the head).

Luis Severino needs TJ surgery. Done for 2020. Poor Yankees.

More like poor Luis. Guy was gooooood & will only throw 20 innings over two seasons including postseason. It’s a shame.

I know it's fashionable to pile on commissioners of all sports, but what exactly did he do wrong here. The union says no players could be disciplined under the rules which means they thought they already had immunity. Any attempt to penalize players would've involved a (probably long) fight, which would be even worse for the game.

I know it's fashionable to pile on commissioners of all sports, but what exactly did he do wrong here. The union says no players could be disciplined under the rules which means they thought they already had immunity. Any attempt to penalize players would've involved a (probably long) fight, which would be even worse for the game.

He's the one that created the loophole that the MLBPA used. That loophole was that technically that the notice Manfred sent about sign stealing around the time all this was happening only went out to league executives, meaning that players theoretically weren't notified and couldn't be punished. Obviously that's easily fixable if he had actually cared about sign stealing before it was made a public controversy, which he definitely didn't. Once he was going to the MLBPA to ask for interviews, yeah it was too late to be able to punish players. But the Astros weren't a well-kept secret around the league, and even Fiers has said that he tried filing official complaints with the A's before going public, so Manfred could have acted proactively about this problem had he wanted to.

This isn't just your run of the mill blame the commissioner for the sport's problems. Players on almost every team have spoken up directly against the Astros' punishment and against the commissioner himself.

It's also more about his completely inability to stay ahead of the story.

I'm usually a Ken Rosenthal fan, but he's really showing us his ass with this moronic "clubhouse access matters" take during a friggin public health crisis.

Sounds like MLB will be suspending all pre-season game starting today or right after today's games.

Anybody playing The Show '20? Just got the stay at home order in our state and I'm about the shift this PS4 into overdrive.

The last one I had was '15, so it was time for an upgrade.

Really digging the "Key Moments" mode, where you can blast through a whole season and only play the key moments that the sim creates for you.

Also the fact that you can play as Mickey Mantle and Ken Griffey Jr in the same HR Derby is just spectacular.

The last one I had was '15, so it was time for an upgrade.

Really digging the "Key Moments" mode, where you can blast through a whole season and only play the key moments that the sim creates for you.

Also the fact that you can play as Mickey Mantle and Ken Griffey Jr in the same HR Derby is just spectacular.

You should check out diamond dynasty, assuming it’s still in ‘20. That was far and away my favorite thing in ‘19

Some ideas that MLB is purportedly considering when/if baseball returns:

- Expanding the active roster because the schedule will be compacted (maximum amount of games)
- Lots of double-headers (7 innings each; already the case in MILB)
- MILB extra-inning rule (inning starts with a runner on 2nd)
- Revising the schedule to reduce travel (West Coast teams play West Coast teams; East Coast Teams play East Coast Teams)
- Starting the season with an All-Star Game
- Extending the season so that the W-S is played in November; perhaps playing the W-S on a neutral field in either Florida/Texas/California.

Back