• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019-20 MLB Hot Stove Thread...

Pilchard

Reaction score
Rays up 8-1 on the Astros in the 6th, in front of friends and family at the Trop. Rays will be in Montreal soon.

Last edited:
Rays win big. Verlander starting tomorrow on 3 days rest. Rays will be bullpening.

Dodgers/Nats game 5 should be great. Kinda rooting for the Nats to get their first series win.

Scherzer did own 7th inning for Nats over Dodgers. A rough inning but he didn't give up any runs after the firdt inning solo shot.

This time the Nats took advantage of Dodgers starter early. He was projected to only go four innings but didn't finish three.

Rays up 8-1 on the Astros in the 6th, in front of friends and family at the Trop. Rays will be in Montreal soon.

I really do think Montreal is in a way better position to have a team now vs when they lost the Expos.

I really do think Montreal is in a way better position to have a team now vs when they lost the Expos.

Having Montreal and Toronto in the same division would be a boost for both franchises.

The Twins have lost 16 straight postseason games. That's insane.

The Twins have lost 16 straight postseason games. That's insane.

Ties the 1970s Chicago Blackhawks for most consecutive post-season losses among teams in the 4 major sports leagues. None of the 3 games were competitive (10-4, 8-2, 5-1). Twins won 101 games this year.

Starting to think the AL Central might be bad.

Anyone catch Mad Dog Russo on the McElroy/Kannell (First Team?) show on ESPNU radio this morning? Worth a listen if its available online. Interesting insight into the playoffs and the state of MLB. He also had some great comments about college football - essentially there are very few "must watch" games despite all the games on tv now. He said something along the lines of the ACC is unwatchable and stinks...he's not wrong.

Anyone catch Mad Dog Russo on the McElroy/Kannell (First Team?) show on ESPNU radio this morning? Worth a listen if its available online. Interesting insight into the playoffs and the state of MLB. He also had some great comments about college football - essentially there are very few "must watch" games despite all the games on tv now. He said something along the lines of the ACC is unwatchable and stinks...he's not wrong.

Russo is entertaining, but his knowledge of college football is miniscule. He has a massively NY centric view of the world and college football is a minor league sport amongst New Yorkers. He was so flummoxed last year when Clemson boat raced Alabama. His head almost exploded. How can an ACC team beat an SEC team (even though Clemson did the same two years before)?

In MLB, he always thinks the Yankees are going to win the W-S (he's not a Yankees fan), he has faithfully picked the Yanks to win W-S almost every year (the Yankees have won one W-S in the last 22 seasons). He similarly overrates the Giants in the NFL. Like that he's not afraid to ruffle feathers, but he is wrong a lot.

Yet three ACC games were more watchable than the major games of the week.

Going to Astros-Rays Game 4 tonight. First playoff baseball game. Haven't followed baseball regularly since the Rays won the pennant. Should be a better crowd since it got moved to a night game.

Mike and the Maddog was great. Now, I am not sure if I am just older and my tastes change, but both of those dudes are straight garbage on their own. Can't stand Russos show on MLB and Francesa is a joke.

Strasburg will start game 5 for Nats vs Dodgers. Expect to see Scherzer in a middle inning relief role. Then Doolittle and Hudson. Nats do not want to use anybody else in their bullpen.

Wouldn't be surprised to see both road teams win tomorrow.

Fun fact Russo's kid nearly went to WFU instead of Notre Dame, he is a closet deacon fan.

Here is to hoping the cardinals and Braves game 5 involves an infield fly rule of some sports! I want chaos!

Back