• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Basketball Media Day

top-5 moment in the Bzzz era. Beating Duke, UNC, State was solid, Miami when they were #2 and this JTT shot rounds out the top-5.

So weird. As I recall, he had a great game and essentially won that game for us. And then never did another damn thing... at least that is how I remember him.

I'd respect him if he acknowledged that the team hasn't progressed in the way that anyone would have liked. I may not like what he's done, but I'd respect him taking ownership and being honest about the gulf there is between where the team has been and where they need to be. Trotting this bullshit out about the team getting better without ever setting any sort of goal or barometer for success is the exact opposite of that.

Yup. That said, much like [Redacted], I don't think Manning actually sees any fault with himself and what he does, thus he'll never have any real answers besides "they just need to do XX better."

It is surprising that there is no midnight madness type event or public exhibition games. Apparently we are going to show up at BC ready to go public. Doesn’t seem like the right rollout to built fan support and sell tickets. Very disappointed in this approach.

Yup. That said, much like [Redacted], I don't think Manning actually sees any fault with himself and what he does, thus he'll never have any real answers besides "they just need to do XX better."

Typically if an employee is performing poorly, a boss would tell him what he’s not doing well to hold him accountable.

It is surprising that there is no midnight madness type event or public exhibition games. Apparently we are going to show up at BC ready to go public. Doesn’t seem like the right rollout to built fan support and sell tickets. Very disappointed in this approach.
A midnight madness event with 37 fans and a bunch of players no one has heard of doesn't sound like the right rollout either...

If Sarr can pick up where he left off when he was injured and Massoud is the second coming of a healthy Todd May then we may not stink. I would have liked a little preview.

If Sarr can pick up where he left off when he was injured and Massoud is the second coming of a healthy Todd May then we may not stink. I would have liked a little preview.
I'm sorry you and 36 others will miss out on that!

I remember when hundreds(including myself) were turned away at actual midnight due to overcrowding Reynolds. Things have changed for the worse.

This guy will be perfect for the Manning system.

Manning loves him some shooters. Defense and rebounding are boring.

Light it up.

More like "fire it up." He does not care about actually making it.

I'm not sure which pisses me off more, his painfully underwhelming answer to this question, or the fact that his goal for his 6th season is to 'take a step'.

That "answer" (thought) is a fireable offense in a real athletic department.

What a racist fucking tag donald. you are a pos.

where have you been? its bad enough we have to go through as long a season as it is. wake basketball is currently the worst program in the acc...and it sucks.

for fuck sakes

Can he just once actually answer a question without resorting to meaningless platitudes and empty BS? The man is worse than a politician in not ever truly answering a question.

While it'd be sad to hear (given how bad WF has been), I'd have given Manning some respect if he had said something like "we didn't do great OOC last season, so we want to enter ACC play with no more than 2 or 3 losses. Then in ACC play, we struggled mightily so I'd like to see us aim to at least double our conference wins. It does not get us back to where the program needs to be but that would be "taking a step" none the less."

Can he just once actually answer a question without resorting to meaningless platitudes and empty BS? The man is worse than a politician in not ever truly answering a question.

While it'd be sad to hear (given how bad WF has been), I'd have given Manning some respect if he had said something like "we didn't do great OOC last season, so we want to enter ACC play with no more than 2 or 3 losses. Then in ACC play, we struggled mightily so I'd like to see us aim to at least double our conference wins. It does not get us back to where the program needs to be but that would be "taking a step" none the less."

TITCR

How does Manning have to underwhelm at almost every aspect of the job?? He can't even come up w/ a positive step towards progress...other than "getting better". Great advice, coach! The kids never would have thought of that.

How does Manning have to underwhelm at almost every aspect of the job?? He can't even come up w/ a positive step towards progress...other than "getting better". Great advice, coach! The kids never would have thought of that.

The amazing thing is that Wellman interviewed Manning and BZ and came away thinking these guys had what it takes to lead a marquee basketball program in the best conference in the country.

Wellman was really really bad at the most important aspect of his job.

Back